Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Disney does not really care much about this film. It's a low budget film they will not spend a dime more on then they have to.if did not have the X men connection it would have been dumped a long time ago.

We get it.

in South Korea, this never had new date. also Disney never released new poster/trailer for this. so all we have for this in korea is.. 2017 one.

very strange as Korea has been huge market for x men films.

not to mention, Korea never closed its theater and theater is doing fine right now. 

it's like there's no plan for release here.

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Surprising that Disney are sending Mulan to D+ but not this? I would have though Mulan would have the same kind of contracts for theatrical release.

My guess is it must be a Fox thing. I thought it'd be the case that they'd move it there, but if they haven't done it after this news it means they probably literally can't do it

Edited by SpiderByte

8 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Surprising that Disney are sending Mulan to D+ but not this? I would have though Mulan would have the same kind of contracts for theatrical release.

This is an easy way for them to test the waters with theaters while also having Mulan to test PVOD.

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Disney pushing ahead with New Mutants right now is a hilarious fate befitting of this project's very troubled distribution history.

I think they just want to relase it, see how big a tax write off they can get for it, and then forget it.

Throw away release..considering it c  cannot even open in a lot of America bigest cities, where the theaters are closed by law.