Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

There was an inherent contradiction in reports, from Indiewire:

“New Mutants” won’t premiere until August 2, 2019. Sources confirm to Collider the rumor that the film will undergo reshoots to introduce an entirely new character. The source says a recent test screening for the film went well, although Fox reportedly wants it to be even scarier.

Collider reports that at least 50 percent of “New Mutants” needs to be reshot. There could be as many as two new characters being added, and both are more than just a cameo. The new characters are fully integreated into the entire story, which is why the release date has been so dramatically pushed. The reshoots for “New Mutants” are expected to be way more extensive than your average blockbuster.

Most of the cast and crew have stayed mum on the fate of “New Mutants,” but co-star Anya Taylor-Joy did express some worry with the delays in an interview with The Playlist last month. The actress called the film’s delay “frustrating” and “disappointing,” but she maintained that reshoots are ultimately a good thing because they represent a chance to make the film stronger.

“I do think that there is a great responsibility to make sure the movie is done right and that we deliver the fans something that they can all feel happy about and excited about,” Taylor-Joy said. “So, I don’t think it being delayed is a bad thing because it’s definitely more important to make sure that we get it right than rushing to make a date. So, hopefully, all of these reshoots and adding of the new character that will give the fans an altogether satisfactory, wonderful product.”

A source close to production tells IndieWire that the amount of reshoots required on “The New Mutants” is not finalized yet since writer-director Josh Boone has not begun writing new scenes. The source maintains Fox and Boone are in a good place.

57 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Fuck Disney on this one. I read the Josh Boone interview again where he mentions they sold this to Fox as a trilogy. Well, that's probably never happening now. Ugh

Well, it's not like me to defend Disney but remember when the first trailer dropped in October 2017 or something? If Kinberg and co. had just let Boone do his thing, the first movie would have been out in April of last year, and depending on how successful it was, they could have even started production on the second film by now.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Well, it's not like me to defend Disney but remember when the first trailer dropped in October 2017 or something? If Kinberg and co. had just let Boone do his thing, the first movie would have been out in April of last year, and depending on how successful it was, they could have even started production on the second film by now. 

They are not even preparing a Deadpool sequel.

FOX is already dead. :whosad:

7 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Fuck Disney on this one. I read the Josh Boone interview again where he mentions they sold this to Fox as a trilogy. Well, that's probably never happening now. Ugh

It was unlikely to happen at all. Once this movie bombed, that would be the end of any sequel. Disney didn't ruin this movie.

• Like 1

Just now, Walt Disney said:

It was unlikely to happen at all. Once this movie bombed, that would be the end of any sequel. Disney didn't ruin this movie.

Disney buying Fox is still a terrible thing, even if dark phoenix and this sound like duds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

This is probably off-topic, but terrible for who?

The 10,000 soon-to-be-unemployed workers? The fact that a tighter oligopoly, with even more power given to the company with the most homogenised content, means that we'll get less risky, interesting films out each year? The fact that Disney just fired one of their biggest directors on the commands of an actual Nazi? The fact that spawn of satan Rupert Murdoch & his kids are getting billions of dollars from this deal?

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that people will ignore all that just because it means more funnybook movies, especially considering we have fanboys with the the usernames of faceless, soulless corporations. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

This is probably off-topic, but terrible for who?

For the people who will be fired? For the diversity of films in cinema?

28 minutes ago, Ithil said:

This is the bit where someone pretends to care about "corporate monopolies" for strangers on the internet.

Any movie buff, who loves the seventh art, is concerned about this merger.
Let me guess... do you only watch blockbusters in the movie theater?

Edited by Litio
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

The 10,000 soon-to-be-unemployed workers? The fact that a tighter oligopoly, with even more power given to the company with the most homogenised content, means that we'll get less risky, interesting films out each year? The fact that Disney just fired one of their biggest directors on the commands of an actual Nazi? The fact that spawn of satan Rupert Murdoch & his kids are getting billions of dollars from this deal?

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that people will ignore all that just because it means more funnybook movies, especially considering we have fanboys with the the usernames of faceless, soulless corporations. 

Who cares about the 10,000 people who will be unemployed. All that matters is that Disney has control over another major studio and fuck the people who are going to lose their jobs over this ordeal. The fanboys are gonna get their funny book movies and the Murdoch’s are gonna be even richer than they were before. Screw everyone else that’s going to be impacted by the merger. 

*Sarcasm* 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ithil said:

This is the bit where someone pretends to care about "corporate monopolies" for strangers on the internet.

I could care less about corporate monopolies. I love CBM. And I’m excited to see all the Marvel characters under one studio. I just wish it didn’t mean that thousands of people were going to lose their jobs and that a whole studio would be more or less shut down for it to happen. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Litio said:

For the people who will be fired? For the diversity of films in cinema?

Any movie buff, who loves the seventh art, is concerned about this merger.
Let me guess... do you only watch blockbusters in the movie theater?

I always make a point to say the term "seventh art" in order to signal how incredibly sophisticated I am unlike those boors.