Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

On 5/4/2020 at 11:57 AM, meridan said:

Not surprised. Disney was never going to bother wasting a new theatrical release date on this film. 

And they would also save the Millions  it would have cost to give it a threatrical release.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I hope you are joking......

Dead serious, I think interest has definitely piqued for this project. Corona or no corona, why would this necessarily be a bomb?

I hope this sticks with a theatrical release just so that when it comes out we get a press tour in which Queen Anya talks about making this before Glass and Charlie Heaton discusses what it was like going from the second season of Stranger Things to this (thank goodness Season 4 was in the middle of shooting when everything shut down or else it might've beaten this to release too).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I hope this sticks with a theatrical release just so that when it comes out we get a press tour in which Queen Anya talks about making this before Glass and Charlie Heaton discusses what it was like going from the second season of Stranger Things to this (thank goodness Season 4 was in the middle of shooting when everything shut down or else it might've beaten this to release too).

Isn't Taylor Joy in talks for young Furiosa? Might not even be able to do the press tour, lol

6 hours ago, AJG said:

EDIT: The more i listened to the call, the more i started to think that Disney have no idea they're sitting on a whole completed Marvel film.

This ain't a "MARVEL STUDIOS" movie...and everyone at Disney/and whatever still exists of FOX knows it.  They don't care about it...in that way.  😎

On 5/5/2020 at 4:58 PM, WittyUsername said:

Are any of the X-Men movies even on Disney+? 

They are here in the UK... Think only Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix and the R rated ones are missing. The Fox Fantastic Four movies are on there as well if I remember right. 

I've actually barely watched anything on Disney+ since it launched here. New Mutants, bad as it might be, would at least give me a reason to go on that app. 

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

They are here in the UK... Think only Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix and the R rated ones are missing. The Fox Fantastic Four movies are on there as well if I remember right. 

I've actually barely watched anything on Disney+ since it launched here. New Mutants, bad as it might be, would at least give me a reason to go on that app. 

only rise of the silver surfer is on here weirdly.

59 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

only rise of the silver surfer is on here weirdly.

Yes, the superior of the two, clearly. 

But seriously, I am definitely questioning why in the hell I got Disney+. All the new stuff is on Sky Cinema / NOW TV, I watched The Mandalorian months ago when it...err, fell off the back of a truck, and mosy of the other original stuff does not entice me. I especially dislike the idea of weekly episodes on a streaming platform. The whole attraction for me is the binge factor. They're not the only ones doing that, but the only two originals I had any interest in, The Mandalorian and Clone Wars, had that format. 

I really hate how brainwashed I've become by Disney, to the point where I knew I would regret getting Disney+, still paid for the full year as soon as they gave me the pre-order option and now I am just questioning the decision, while fully aware somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind that it was never a decision, it was never a choice in the first place... It was always going to happen. 

Edited by reddevil19

8 hours ago, kitik said:

believe it or not, Prop Culture is worth a watch on D+

Even if you don't necessarily have Disney nostalgia? That was my worry, from the description:

Host Dan Lanigan revisits classic Disney titles and looks at them through the lens of how props helped to shape and create their most magical moments.

I love making-of stuff, but when it's presented as "THIS IS HOW THE MAGIC HAPPENED" and they actually refer to the Disney MagicTM I'm a bit meh...

6 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Even if you don't necessarily have Disney nostalgia? That was my worry, from the description:

Host Dan Lanigan revisits classic Disney titles and looks at them through the lens of how props helped to shape and create their most magical moments.

I love making-of stuff, but when it's presented as "THIS IS HOW THE MAGIC HAPPENED" and they actually refer to the Disney MagicTM I'm a bit meh...

I only saw like half of the movies the show talked about, and I still got a lot out of it. *insert shrug emoji here*

• Like 1