Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

Just now, Chewy said:

So this is supposed to be another 80s style body horror movie like Fant4stic? Wonder if the director will have several coke fueled meltdowns this time

Hopefully they've dusted off Kate Mara's reshoots wig just in case.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, imbruglia said:

To be honest, I was really hoping for them to cast a dark-skinned actor for Roberto (like he was in the comics).

It is what it is now, but since Karma is not going to be in the film, and they added another white gal (Magik) I am a tad disappointed. New Mutants was such a multicultural comic: its first lineup was a First Nations girl (Mirage), a Scottish Catholic girl (Wolfsbane), a Vietnamese girl (Karma), a dark-skinned Brazilian boy (Sunspot), and an American white boy (Cannonball). 

I loved that lineup; I hope that they eventually introduce Karma...

Marvel-New-Mutants-1.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chewy said:

So this is supposed to be another 80s style body horror movie like Fant4stic? Wonder if the director will have several coke fueled meltdowns this time

I'm surprised this unsubstantiated rumor lives on 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

To be honest, I was really hoping for them to cast a dark-skinned actor for Roberto (like he was in the comics).

It is what it is now, but since Karma is not going to be in the film, and they added another white gal (Magik) I am a tad disappointed. New Mutants was such a multicultural comic: its first lineup was a First Nations girl (Mirage), a Scottish Catholic girl (Wolfsbane), a Vietnamese girl (Karma), a dark-skinned Brazilian boy (Sunspot), and an American white boy (Cannonball). 

I loved that lineup; I hope that they eventually introduce Karma...

Marvel-New-Mutants-1.jpg

To be fair, modern iterations depict him with lighter skin. Right now, they're casting for an actress with native ancestry for Moonstar. That makes a lineup of Dani, Magik, Cannonball, Sunspot, and Warlock. I hope they can find a black actor

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RedX said:

I'm surprised this unsubstantiated rumor lives on 

to add to that it came from the same source that wrote that filthy click bait sensationalist article on female director and wonder woman.

But there is no denying that the director lost his cool on few occasions and said some foul stuff on exec faces. That is a serious NO NO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

@Cochofles Karma may be a part of the movie after all

Thanks, @Spidey Freak!! 

I hope this rumour turns out to be true!!!! I mean...that would certainly make The New Mutants the superhero team CBM with the most female-centric roster, wouldn't it? Magik, Karma, Wolfsbane, and Mirage, plus the two boys. I definitely approve. :D 

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 2

Didn't realize Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber were writing this. They have a hella fine track record (500 Days of Summer!!! The Spectacular Now!!!!!!!!! The Fault in Our Stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and of course pairing them back up with Boone. give me give me give me

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Thanks, @Spidey Freak!! 

I hope this rumour turns out to be true!!!! I mean...that would certainly make The New Mutants the superhero team CBM with the most female-centric roster, wouldn't it? Magik, Karma, Wolfsbane, and Mirage, plus the two boys. I definitely approve. :D 

+ Rosario Dawson as Dr. Cecelia Reyes

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

+ Rosario Dawson as Dr. Cecelia Reyes

What??? Is that confirmed??

OMG...so this won't only be the superhero team CBM with the most femme-centric cast (at least until we get those films with Silver Sable, Felicia Hardy and Spider-Woman, as well as the Cotham City Sirens one), but the most multi-cultural line up. And the writing/directing team is very encouraging!!! We might be looking at a very special superhero film! Fingers crossed!

Edited by Cochofles

1 hour ago, imbruglia said:

will we get asian karma or half asian or girl with asian grandmother?

they better do it right this time.

Hey, its better than casting a white bald British woman for a minority role and claiming that the comic character is offensive :qotd: could be a lot worse.

• Like 1

The lead actresses have arrived in Boston where filming is to take place and seem to be bonding well.

??Dragon ladies??

A post shared by Anya Joy (@anyataylorjoy) on

? pink, even when it's Blu ?

A post shared by Maisie Williams (@maisie_williams) on

A post shared by blu hunt (@bluhunt) on

✨?✨

A post shared by Anya Joy (@anyataylorjoy) on

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 3