Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

1 hour ago, elcaballero said:

It's decomposed by now.

This, I am glad the X Men fans will finally see it, but even with it's low budget it will be very, very, lucky to just break even.

Only the X Men fanbase really cares about this., and Disney will spend as little as possible on marketing.

They wrote this film off a long time ago.

And Fox pretty much did the same.

Edited by dudalb

12 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

If this movie ends up getting good reviews . . . .

From what I have read, that is a low probablity event, but I don't think good reviews would help it that much.

Maybe it's just for the sake of my club, but crazy theory time: what if Disney bought out the last year of the Fox/HBO deal so they can start putting more Fox stuff on Disney+ and Hulu? It'd explain why suddenly a bunch of the X-Men films are now gonna be on there. And that at SDCC they announce this is going digital...somewhere. It'd also explain why Antlers is at SDCC, which doesn't have any kind of release date at all and is also a Fox movie.

It's possible they did buy out the rest of the deal.

That being said, with movies like X-Men Apocalypse and Days of Future Past currently being on it, that's because they're airing on FX. HBO already had their window with them. HBO only has first run rights after the theatrical and Blu/digital release.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

2 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

It's possible they did buy out the rest of the deal.

That being said, with movies like X-Men Apocalypse and Days of Future Past currently being on it, that's because they're airing on FX. HBO already had their window with them. HBO only has first run rights after the theatrical and Blu/digital release.

Havent they been on FX for ages now? I know Deadpool definitely has. HBO Max has (or at least had last I checked) the original X-Men film and that definitely wouldn't be under that kind of deal

Edited by SpiderByte