Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

57 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

If this ends up being an awesome film and a big hit, it will indeed be exemplary.

I love The New Mutants; I am sooo keeping my fingers crossed!

Did you notice that the nifty clapboard is sporting some serious imagery from The Demon Bear Saga?

c75997159a085188efeec7fa8476d006.png

Edited by Spidey Freak

5 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Did you notice that the nifty clapboard is sporting some serious imagery from The Demon Bear Saga?

c75997159a085188efeec7fa8476d006.png

Absolutely!!

I am soooo intrigued about the manner in which they adapt this storyline. 

Question: this is Fox, right? Have they talked about this film's standing in regard the other Fox X films? Will this be set in that same universe? Is this a standalone separate entity?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Okay... that was short. In fact so short that the last post in this thread was just before the start of filming :rofl: 9 weeks for a superhero film seems like a record. And I wouldn't be surprised if this cost even less than Deadpool.

Lol, we've seen 2 high profile movies with reshoots lasting longer than that over the past few months.

Okay, I'm taking this as a positive sign. Hopefully it means they have a good tight story.

At the very least, it means this probably doesn't have to make super huge money to break even.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

While I think Black Panther will be the big superhero breakout, New Mutants can do Logan numbers.

Eh. We'll see. I'm fairly certain the budget is pretty low here. I'll say First Class numbers for now and figure that to be a huge win

• Like 4

1 hour ago, m3racer123 said:

Is anyone else going to watch this purely to see Arya Stark turn into a wolf?

No. My heart goes toward someone else. @WrathOfHan @CJohn

68747470733a2f2f36362e6d656469612e74756d

Also, if we're talking BO, the most likely scenario would probably be The Wolverine numbers, which I and I believe Fox would be very satisfied with.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

This movie is the superhero movie that makes me the most curious for the next couple of years. Can't wait for a trailer so we finally have a good idea about what direction they went with this.

I'm also curious about the rating for this movie. Will they try another R flick? If this one is cheap, then Fox might give us another R rated movie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Thor or Justice League seem like the most obvious targets.

Man...I hope so.

God,I so want this film to be awesome!

Honestly, even more than with Aquaman and Justice League, I am dying to see how they translate The New Mutants into cinematic language. 

I cannot wait to see Wolfsbane and Mirage in particular.

• Like 1