Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

On 9/18/2017 at 2:44 PM, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'm also curious about the rating for this movie. Will they try another R flick? If this one is cheap, then Fox might give us another R rated movie.

An R-rating would surprise me. Especially since Fox already has Deadpool 2 next year with an R-rating.

New Mutants doesn't require the ultraviolence of Logan or the dirty humor of Deadpool.

• Like 1

If we’re going to make a superhero movie, we have to ask ourselves: “What’s our version? What’s a Fox Marvel film? When you look at films like “Deadpool” or “Logan” or the upcoming “New Mutants,” you’ll see they have their own personality. Great effort has been put into making sure they’re differentiated. “New Mutants” is about these teenagers who are just coming into their powers. It’s like watching mutants go through adolescence and they have no impulse control, so they’re dangerous. The only solution is to put them in a “Breakfast Club” detention/“Cuckoo’s Nest” institutional setting. It protects the people on the outside, but it’s strange and combustible inside. The genre is like a haunted-house movie with a bunch of hormonal teenagers. We haven’t seen it as a superhero movie whose genre is more like “The Shining” than “we’re teenagers let’s save the world.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trifle said:

Well, looks like you might be right, apparently there is a teaser out there...

This and Deadpool actually kinda have me kinda excited. Want this to have absolutely nothing to do with Singerverse though. Maybe they actually start as Hellions students instead of actual New Mutants? I gotta say that this at the very least intrigues me instead of making me cringe. 

• Like 2

I dont know if im more excited for this or for IW and Deadpool 2 next year really. I just want all of them to be perfect. Thats one of the reasons why the SH genre is still so incredibly popular and profitable: The movies are still (generally :apocalypse:) good to great. And 2018 could be the biggest year for this genre to this point.

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

I've never heard of this franchise, I need to know more before being excited.

It's a new franchise (well technically part of Xmen franchise) based on the comic of the same name from Marvel Comics. 

They're basically teen superhero team in training based at Xaviers school trained by Cable/Magneto/Xavier. In the comics the original New Mutants led to the X-Force comics but New Mutants were revived again in 2000's I think with a changed background.

I dont know if it will be connected to the main X-Men movies or what era this is set in but I think it is set in the current year and I suspect we will see Deadpool/Cable eventually crossing over. If it is set in the current time then it cannot crossover with the Xmen trilogy set in the 70's and with the upcoming Dark Phoenix movie unless we see time travelling shenanigans from Cable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

It's a new franchise (well technically part of Xmen franchise) based on the comic of the same name from Marvel Comics. 

They're basically teen superhero team in training based at Xaviers school trained by Cable/Magneto/Xavier. In the comics the original New Mutants led to the X-Force comics but New Mutants were revived again in 2000's I think with a changed background.

I dont know if it will be connected to the main X-Men movies or what era this is set in but I think it is set in the current year and I suspect we will see Deadpool/Cable eventually crossing over. If it is set in the current time then it cannot crossover with the Xmen trilogy set in the 70's and with the upcoming Dark Phoenix movie unless we see time travelling shenanigans from Cable

So it's new and not new at the same time ^^

The problem with Fox is that they can't compete with Marvel/DC in terms of shared universe, they could need new heroes they'd create themselves.