Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

1 hour ago, snarkmachine said:

Between the Inception BRMMMMMMM and creepy children choirs covering pop songs, I'm getting real sick of trailers for tent pole studio movies. They all feel so tired and stale now.

I cannot disagree with this yet the twist that what looks like a generic horror is actually an X Men movie worked for me.

That said, Anya Whatever is completely interchangable with Cara Delvigne. I don't know why Hollywood is trying to make both happen when obviously neither is.

Edited by Valonqar

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Fox and their cheap as fuck superhero movies.

Hard pass.

lol and here we have an example of an insecure fanboy.... But seriously FOX should given this horror film a 200 million dollar budget...:redcapes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

We are a few movies away from superhero movies getting the Indie/Sundance 3m budget/raved by critics treatment.

you mean like Super or Kick Ass?

okay, just looked it up, Kick Ass had a $30M budget, but Super definitely counts

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

We are a few movies away from superhero movies getting the Indie/Sundance 3m budget/raved by critics treatment.

I’d rather a $3m production that looks fresh and actually has something ORIGINAL to tell, than a $200m one that is nothing but a  forgettable rehash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I'm watching this trailer after hitting play, I see the Fox logo. I see some setup scenes for a horror movie. And I'm thinking "that's weird, they skipped the Marvel logo". And then bam, they finally get to the scene where they namedrop "mutants", and then the Marvel logo immediately kicks in.

I really liked the way they merged the two at that point. They knew exactly when to do it. Which gives me hope for the movie too. 

Just speculating, but I'm guessing this will be a standard horror movie for the first two-thirds, and then the final third of the movie will be the kids using their powers and working together to survive.

As for the cost of the movie, yeah, it doesn't look expensive, and thats a good thing. Hopefully they didn't spend $100M on the final 30 minutes.

Save the expensive shit for the sequel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I’d rather a $3m production that looks fresh and actually has something ORIGINAL to tell, than a $200m one that is nothing but a  forgettable rehash.

Indie tropes are way worse than blockbusters.

Are your soundtrack all quirky & Pitchfork approved and has Elliot Smith/Cat Stevens folk songs ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hades said:

lol and here we have an example of an insecure fanboy.... But seriously FOX should given this horror film a 200 million dollar budget...:redcapes:

Naah, Futurist equally trolls all fandoms because he wants the mythic "superhero fatigue" to take hold and end the superhero blockbuster era. Smaller budget superhero flicks makes it harder for them to bomb and lose money, hence making the chances of his fantasy even tinier. :P 

16 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

tenor.gif

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Thanks 1