Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

Almost looks like a Blumhouse production. I'm intrigued but I don't know how I confident I am in how this will turn out. Probably better than the Dark Phoenix movie though.

I'm willing to give Fox a break though cause even though they hardcore flop at some franchise films (F4, Apocalypse), they also gave us Logan and War for the Planet of the Apes. So if every other film is terrible so one film can be amazing, I'll take it!

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 75Live said:

just watched the trailer.  It was decent, nothing that excites me but a horror flick with mutants could be fun to watch at least if I see it :)  

I'm totally looking forward to this movie, but that trailer obviously isn't what we're used to in the era of billion dollar superhero special effects.

I suppose the main point of that trailer was to inform folks that this is going to be a horror movie, not a standard superhero flick. So they intentionally cut it so we would see some pretty recognizable horror movie cues that, while somewhat basic for the horror genre, would inform folks that we should expect a very different type of Marvel movie.

13 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

I'm interested...was not expecting that. 

Like so.

9 minutes ago, kitik said:

I'm totally looking forward to this movie, but that trailer obviously isn't what we're used to in the era of billion dollar superhero special effects.

I suppose the main point of that trailer was to inform folks that this is going to be a horror movie, not a standard superhero flick. So they intentionally cut it so we would see some pretty recognizable horror movie cues that, while somewhat basic for the horror genre, would inform folks that we should expect a very different type of Marvel movie.

Like so.

Thank goodness cause I find SFX in SH movies to be universally terrible. Once we get to the OTT End of the Movie Battle, it becomes one giant SFX blot on the screen. Exception being Ant Man's scaled down fight. Even Logan had to insert that Godawful Growing Grass effect in an otherwise reasonable-level SFX movie. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

I found this... quite interesting, actually. Looks gorgeous, cinematography wise, and I love the cast. Yeah, sure, you can make the accusation that it's just a generic horror movie with X-Men slapped over it, but.... when was the last time that we have gotten a superhero horror movie? That is a very interesting concept in of itself. I hope this is good.

• Like 2

There's no chance that this is more expensive than Deadpool. 50M tops for budget. It also does look R-rated, which continues to prove that the X-Men franchise is, currently, easily the biggest risk taker of the comic book genre, and all the good for it.

I hope this does better than X-Men: Apocalypse so that The Futurist drowns in his tears by seeing yet another X-verse movie be successful. Just like I hope that anyone that makes fun of Taika Waititi (Titty Waititi? Sweetheart, you call out trolls on one side, yet you do exactly what you accuse them of: you troll and you poison wells all the time. You're just as hypocritical as Superman in BVS - and that's not poisoning anything on my part, just making a comparison) chokes on their own vomit - non-lethally - at Ragnarok's numbers.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

Looks like a cool indie horror flick featuring people with powers. Stranger Things dude and Split girl is in this so automatic 2 points. 

But I want to say again, FUCK YOU FOX for fucking Fant4stic royally in post production and not letting it be what it was originally supposed to be - a small contained 50-60M horror sci-fi flick. What a waste of all the money and resources. You can tell that Josh Boone to some degree was inspired from what Trank was trying to do. Thank god Deadpool and Wolverine succeeded big time that's why we are getting this unique take else...sigh.

Now keep delivering cool unique cbms.