Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

Moderation:

This is a general announcement that I'll make in several high-profile threads, so hopefully everyone will see it. 

Starting today, mods have the discretion to add a couple of warning points to thread-bans. In other words, if you get multiple thread-bans, you run a higher risk of getting suspended. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

I have no problem with low budget superhero movies if the material doesn't call for a big budget but I don't want a scaled down Avengers, Justice League or Wonder Woman movie. New Mutants being a smaller movie is fine, I just hope that it's an interesting movie.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Moderation:

This is a general announcement that I'll make in several high-profile threads, so hopefully everyone will see it. 

Starting today, mods have the discretion to add a couple of warning points to thread-bans. In other words, if you get multiple thread-bans, you run a higher risk of getting suspended. 

:whosad: 

• Like 3

i really dig what fox are doing with their comic book shit especially since they have only one usable property. recognising they can't compete with the other big ones on a scale level and stretching what a superhero movie can be.  people saying they make superhero movies ashamed to be hero movies or they're not really in that genre, i dunno what to tell you. that is not a smart point.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i really dig what fox are doing with their comic book shit especially since they have only one usable property. recognising they can't compete with the other big ones on a scale level and stretching what a superhero movie can be.  people saying they make superhero movies ashamed to be hero movies or they're not really in that genre, i dunno what to tell you. that is not a smart point.

It's definitely one of the dumber squares on The Futurist Bingo Board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm all for experimentation. I love Legion and Logan but this was formulaic horror.

So artistically it's kind of uninspired.

Financially, why go from the superhero genre to the horror genre where you're lucky to hit 100 m DOM.

I believe the kids call that "hustling backwards". 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I'm all for experimentation. I love Legion and Logan but this was formulaic horror.

So artistically it's kind of uninspired.

Financially, why go from the superhero genre to the horror genre where you're lucky to hit 100 m DOM.

I believe the kids call that "hustling backwards". 

If they keep the budget low - and this w/o seeing anything else looks like any other $20-30m Horror film - then $100m dom for it would be great. 

Personally, this doesn't much appeal to me since I don't much care for horror films but they need to diversify X-Men movies especially if they're going to continue doing the main series along the same lines they've been doing since 2000.

• Like 2

Just saw the trailer. My thoughts below

- It was a decent trailer for a horro/mystery thriller movie but without the Marvel logo at the front and the singular use of the word 'mutant' one would think this was not a superhero movie at all

- Music/Song choice was good

- I am intrigued by this now whereas previously I was more interested in the Dark Phoenix movie. I dont know if there ever was a SH movie with a horror theme to it. They kind tries it with Fant4stic but failed so I hope Fox doesnt falter here. 

- it still is my least anticipated of the 6 live action SH movies next year. 

- Budget for this must be really low which is good for this as it wouldnt need to make a lot of money to be profitable

- Overall I liked the trailer

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I think although Panther and Aquaman will be big CBM breakouts ($300M+ DOM), I think this has a chance to be the highest grossing non Deadpool X-Men domestically.

You see this doing more than 235 million? I dont think this will cross 200. 150 would be a great target for this especially if budget is low

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

You see this doing more than 235 million? I dont think this will cross 200. 150 would be a great target for this especially if budget is low

IT did way better than most expected. It was an absolute breakout proving R rated horror movies can be blockbusters. Also Split and Get Out wer no slouches. This'll will attract the horror fans, CBM fans and teens given the YA movie vibes. I know $300M isn't happening but this can surprise.

• Like 2