Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

It's called living in the real world instead of a fanboy fantasy world.

New Mutants gives every sign of being a total mess,one that is unsalvageable on a reasonable cost.

Reshooting the entire movie would send the budget into orbit,making it unlikely to earn a decent return on investment.

Your guess is as good as her/his 

On 02/04/2018 at 7:28 PM, dudalb said:

It's called living in the real world instead of a fanboy fantasy world.

New Mutants gives every sign of being a total mess,one that is unsalvageable on a reasonable cost.

Reshooting the entire movie would send the budget into orbit,making it unlikely to earn a decent return on investment.

"Reshooting the entire movie would send the budget into orbit."

Is that what you're calling "living in the real world"? Assuming a "budget into orbit" is $150m, $200m...

Did you saw the trailer? How many locations do you think it had? How  good and expensive looked special effects + production?

Honestly, how much do you think budget was before reshoots? They can reshoot that same old movie 3x and still wouldn't send the budget into orbit. Lol

• Thanks 1

I'm a bit late to the party on this, but Jeff Sneider, who reported that story for The Tracking Board, has a pretty good track (no pun intended) record in terms of reports. He was even the first to reveal that David Leitch was the frontrunner to direct Deadpool 2 after Tim Miller left.

This doesn't mean I think the story is 100% true, but just offering some background on the reporter.

• Like 1

While there had been some optimistic early estimates that the deal, announced last December, could go through regulatory approval faster, Rice told Fox employees that the transaction will most likely be completed by end of summer 2019 at the latest, close to the 18-month conservative initial projection.

This movie might actually make it to cinemas.

Charlie Heaton and Anya Taylor-Joy were at some Dior event last week, and the former spoke about the reshoots for the film, confirming my belief that the cast's schedules were a cause in the delay for reshoots:

“We’re doing some additional photography when we can get the cast back together. Obviously, we have Maisie [Williams] doing ‘Game of Thrones’ right now,” said Heaton.

“These things take time, so I know they’re going to do reshoots hopefully at the end of the year, or the start of the next,” he added. “What’s important, I think, is making sure that the movie that we want to release is the movie that’s right for the project. Personally, I’d rather it be the right movie.”

Source: http://wwd.com/eye/parties/paris-jackson-stranger-things-stars-jamie-heaton-natalia-dyer-attend-dior-dinner-montmatre-paris-1202681915/

I have to admit despite my hatred for the X-Men Franchise except for Deadpool and Logan and being glad that Disney will buy Fox which will hopefully happen I have to say that I am more excited for this than Last Stand Redux.

14 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

I have to admit despite my hatred for the X-Men Franchise except for Deadpool and Logan and being glad that Disney will buy Fox which will hopefully happen I have to say that I am more excited for this than Last Stand Redux.

• Like 1