Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

6 hours ago, Litio said:

Obviously, but people here keep saying movie is awful and there's no hope for it.

I can't think of a movie that has sat on the shelf for as long as New Mutants has that turned out to be a good movie. It might not be so much bad as mediocre but one thing is for sure (except for the fanboys who have become expert at ignoring realities, they don't want to see) it has really,really serious problems and neither Fox or Disney seems to have much faith in it.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

On 6/14/2019 at 6:49 PM, Firepower said:

You know, you're the only person who believes in those obviously bullshit reports by Snider and Frosty about "reshooting half (!!!!!!) of the movie to make already great movie even better". Even for a big Fox-Marvel fanboy like myself it's painfully obvious that this movie has huge problems. And those giant delayes and enormous reshoots only show that Fox doesn't know what to do with what they have on hands. No way on earth it tested well with aftermath like that.

Not Frosty, just Sneider, then THR and Variety. If you don't believe the film got the exact same score as Deadpool's first screening (Sneider said so), then believe whatever you want to believe, I don't care. Just because I'm optimistic and excited for the film doesn't mean I'm wrong or I'm deluded. 

19 hours ago, Litio said:

"(...)For the record, the version of the film that Boone turned in was allegedly decent enough, with solid test scores and only a few pick-ups in the works to solidify what worked. The choice to go horror was allegedly first broached by Boone himself from the beginning but was accepted by Fox retroactively only after another studio’s “young kids confront a supernatural monster” flick hit pay dirt. That said, there was value in making the film stand out as an outright horror film so that the X-Men spin-off would be as distinct as Deadpool or the Wolverine movies. (...)"

Source:

As 'Dark Phoenix' Bombs, Should 'The New Mutants' Premiere On Hulu Or Disney+?

BOT's psychic members told us movie is unsaveable and awful.

Which is the gist of what Sneider said, yep. Only a few days of pickup were planned said Sneider until IT was released and Fox lost their minds and wanted to do THAT. Firepower is a lost cause, let's not bother. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Not Frosty, just Sneider, then THR and Variety. If you don't believe the film got the exact same score as Deadpool's first screening (Sneider said so), then believe whatever you want to believe, I don't care. Just because I'm optimistic and excited for the film doesn't mean I'm wrong or I'm deluded. 

Being optimistic is believing in okay final product. Believing that this movie doesn't have any problems is being deluded. Even movie's producer said that Fox was considering to dump it on Hulu. That's what a studio would do with a product that scored as good as Deadpool test-screening, lol.

21 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Which is the gist of what Sneider said, yep. Only a few days of pickup were planned said Sneider until IT was released and Fox lost their minds and wanted to do THAT. Firepower is a lost cause, let's not bother. 

Yeah, I'm a lost cause because I'm among many many people to whom it's obvious that this movie has huge problems and obviously didn't test well. It doesn't mean that the final product won't be okay, but you're basically denying reality like a blind fanboy and believe in anything that supports your version of reality.

Edited by Firepower
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, now that Kevin confirmed we'll see "Mutants" being developed, what happens to this movie?

Still get released probably. I do think if they market it as horror it can save it from being an outright flop. Push the movie for an OW big enough that legs won’t matter if it’s terrible. 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:49 AM, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, now that Kevin confirmed we'll see "Mutants" being developed, what happens to this movie?

Probably  a threatircal release with a minimal amount of money spent.

11 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

What happens? It gets released, possibly introduces the mutants via reshoots. 

Jesus just will not give up that fanboy fantasy, will you?

Why the hell would Feige used a movie that obviously has huge problems and might well be beyond savings to introduce a franchise as valuable as the X Men? You really think he is dumb enough to do that?

Your ability to ignore reality is truly astounding.

Fact is, New Mutants has problems a lot more seriorus hten Dark Phoenix has. And look at what happened with DP.

Take off the fanboy blinders and look at reality. NM is damaged goods.

Edited by dudalb

9 hours ago, imbruglia said:

lol this will never be part of mcu. 

nothing from sdcc and seems like nothing going on with reshoot.

so probably they will soon dump it to hulu.

Timmy  has been pushing this theory for along time.

It pure BS, of course.

THat Dark Phoenix, which has a lot less problems then New Mutants has, was a horrible bomb which cost the Mouse around  100 Million dollars, (yes, FOx spent the money but it's Disney's money now) seems to pass him by.

That before the merger Fox was treating NM like something the cat dragged in should tell you something.

And it's not like there is a lot at stake there. NM cost around 50 Million. That makes it disposable.

Edited by dudalb

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:37 AM, Godzilla said:

Still get released probably. I do think if they market it as horror it can save it from being an outright flop. Push the movie for an OW big enough that legs won’t matter if it’s terrible. 

Problem with marketing it as horror is you give up the X men connection..which is the one thing this film has going for it.

IMHO it should be clear that film is horrible flawed. GOod films don't spend two years on the shelf the way NM has.

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

If it were to be, it would have been announced a couple days ago. There should be no further speculation along these lines.

The silence from The Mouse about New Mutants is telling.

I think they have come to the same conclusion that Fox did before the merger" NM is damaged goods,a unreleasable mess beyond saving. And because it only cost 40 Million,it makes it disposable. It does not have the "too big to fail" factor the Dark Phoenix did, where it's 150 Million intial budget made Fox spend another 50 Million in trying to, unsuccessfully, save it.

I would not totally rule out a theatrical release 'there might be contractual obligtations that Disney has to abide by. But I think we forget about Disney sinking any more money into this thing with reshoots, and they will spend as little as possible on the marketing. Just let it go out, let it bomb, figure out how much we can get in tax writeoffs from it, and then move on.

The idea Feige would use this, with all it's massive baggage, to introduce Mutants to the MCU is just plain insane;it;'s something only a deluded fanboy would believe.

• Like 2