Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

I think it's clear by now Disney is not going to spend a dime more on this movie then they have to.

If it gets thereatical release, it's going to be dumped.

In a way, the fact it cost only around 45 Million might be it's doom. That makes it totally expendable in a way that Dark Phoenix with it's big budget was not.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:13 AM, OncomingStorm93 said:

Back in May, Kinberg was adamant that reshoots would be happening this year. It's now October, and they haven't happened yet.

I think how badly Kinberg's Dark Phoenix bombed has more then a little to do with that....

17 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

No mention of New Mutants at all in this round of news. Not even a mention of it keeping it's current date. Just entirely disregarded.

Stop it.  They didn't mention a ton of films. Are you suggesting anything about Soul or Jungle Cruise too?

Here's their schedule for next year.

EJdC-nNVAAEgmtj.png:orig

6 minutes ago, kitik said:

Stop it.  They din't mention a ton of films. Are you suggesting anything about Soul or Jungle Cruise too?

Until I see a single piece of marketing for this film, that's due to release in 5 months by the way, I will not believe this will release in theaters in April. With this set of moves, Disney had an opportunity to reinforce their commitment to a theatrical release, but New Mutants isn't getting a single mention anywhere.

How are those reshoots going?

Disney + is looking pretty sunny these days...

6 hours ago, kitik said:

Say wha??????

The King's Man and other movies change their dates, but New Mutants stays where it is???

It’s so fucked of Disney to give a six month delay to a movie 3 months out which already has 2 trailers. That’s just setting it up for failure.

5 hours ago, Curtis1986 said:

Disney jet needs to dump.this mess on Disney+ and be done with. 

Do you really think Disney will let this shit stain their MCU slate on Disney+? Dude, it is time to come to terms with the fact that anything that gets close to this shit will get browny as well. 

1 hour ago, Frozen said:

Box Office Pro’s twitter just posted a list of all the Disney movies coming out in the next two years. This isn’t on it. What’s going on? 

Where are you seeing that?

I just see 5 tweets from them that include just some of the movies coming out, not all. Nowhere near a definitive list.

3 hours ago, kitik said:

Where are you seeing that?

I just see 5 tweets from them that include just some of the movies coming out, not all. Nowhere near a definitive list.

Very clear  Disney is either dumping this movie or will do the Disney +/DTV route with it.

Time to face facts:The Mouse has no confidence in this movie whatsoever and will not spend a dime on reshoots. Avoding unpleasant realities just makes things worse in the end.

• Like 1