Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

5 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Sadly nobody cares or will see this film. Just send it stright to DVD and be done with it.

33 minutes ago, Litio said:

‘Dark Phoenix’ Flaps To $28M In China Through Friday; Full Overseas Weekend Still Flying Low

While it’s flailing domestically and certainly struggling abroad, Disney/Fox’s Dark Phoenix had a $15.2M Friday in China, rising about 26% over Thursday and on the first full day of the Dragon Boat Festival. The cume there through yesterday is estimated at roughly $28M with a solid No. 1 showing. However, a drop is expected in today’s play (as well as on Sunday) and the full weekend is looking at a possible $45M-$50M, depending on the holds.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Dark Phoenix’ Flaps To $28M In China Through Friday

Thank you for low-end prediction if New Mutants gets bad reviews. Even if it does $28m TOTAL in China, it will be a success.

Edited by Litio

they sure won't lose money If this new cut get great reviews and positive buzz.

I mean.. this only had 50m budget. btw this had no reshoot too.

marvel flair added, meaning more family friendly pg13, less dark/horror.

which is not what people said about josh's original vision. so that's interesting.

itshappening.gif 

16 hours ago, imbruglia said:

marvel flair added, meaning more family friendly pg13, less dark/horror.

which is not what people said about josh's original vision. so that's interesting.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/new_mutants/the-new-mutants-reportedly-has-the-blessing-of-marvel-studios-director-josh-boone-reveals-trailer-release-a172345

not exactly an unbiased source, but on the other hand, Sienkiewicz is a legit artist, so there's hope

he says:

"Two days ago, I heard from Josh Boone, the director, and he sent me a new trailer," he revealed. "And they’ve been working on it, he’s been working on and everything, and it is phenomenal. I got chills. It looks like, because of the whole Disney-Fox, I don’t even want to call it a merger, takeover, whatever. But it’s got the blessings of Marvel." "And it feels more Marvel in terms of what they’re doing," he continued, "but also the horror elements of the film are in place. It’s really, absolutely stellar, just what I’ve seen."

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I'm betting the trailer being "more Marvel in what they're doing" means they actually show off the characters powers in this one.

Though it does raise the inevitable question of what Disney does if it's a critical/financial hit. They're not ones to leave a potential franchise go unexplored (for better or for worse).

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

According to many sources, New Mutants kind of got Marvel Studios blessing. 

I hope this turns out to be good, so that Fox Xmen can actually go on positive note. Dark Phoenix really damaged their legacy. 

Edited by Madhuvan
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Litio said:

Thank you for low-end prediction if New Mutants gets bad reviews. Even if it does $28m TOTAL in China, it will be a success.

My prediction is 0 actually because Disney China already abandoned to give most Fox titles a Chinese theatrical release plan. More specifically, most Fox brand movies in the future will never be seen in local theaters since Disney think they are too weak, but they still would like to release more bad Disney live-action titles like Dumbo, Nutcracker. 

The good news is that Joker just prove good movie don't need China. Probably New Mutants can try this way.

On 12/16/2019 at 7:05 AM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Has this been pushed back again?

I think Disney sorts of wished it could just forget this was dumped in their lap by the Fox Merger.

That is TWO different  studio managment teams who think this is a total,unreleasable, fiasco.

On 12/23/2019 at 2:32 AM, Gavin Feng said:

My prediction is 0 actually because Disney China already abandoned to give most Fox titles a Chinese theatrical release plan. More specifically, most Fox brand movies in the future will never be seen in local theaters since Disney think they are too weak, but they still would like to release more bad Disney live-action titles like Dumbo, Nutcracker. 

The good news is that Joker just prove good movie don't need China. Probably New Mutants can try this way.

The key word is good, everything indicates that New Mutants is a total mess.