Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

11 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

12 Million Opening Weekend, there's no point putting this on the big screen, the cast is 100% white, maybe adding a half black cast would have increased the box office

Having a black lead really helped Fantastic Four.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

What is this? Can you explain? Is it legal? 

It's a fantasy box office site - maybe similar to fantasy football..? You "invest" on different movies box office and you win points/currency. 

There is no real money involved.

To be honest I didn't realise people still used HSX but idk, website has been blocked in my country for two years now so maybe i am just out of the loop.

Edited by Avatree

Some people's sick desire to see this movie fail makes me wish it becomes a big hit. It definitely looks good, and it's well known it wasn't delayed because of its quality, but because of the Disney merger. I don't understand why some people want to see it fail so bad when Kevin Feige already have the Fox characters in his hands. 

• Thanks 3

I've been very negative about this film's prospects for critical and commercial success over the past two years, given the noted post-production issues, the Disney/FOX deal, the failure of New Mutants, and other reasons. Until a couple weeks ago when Boone announced the theatrical release was full steam ahead, I really did think this was destined for Disney + or Hulu.

All that said, this is one hell of a great trailer. Perfectly paced, introducing you to every character and their primary traits. Really nice imagery as well, and genuinely frightening (though not outright scary) shots.