Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

On 8/7/2019 at 8:50 AM, LawrenceBrolivier said:

This IndieWire article about Iger's statements is a good example of how everyone reporting on this seems to regard Dark Phoenix as "the last" X-Men movie Fox did. 

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/dark-phoenix-flop-loses-disney-170-million-fox-1202163930/

This line is also interesting...

Does anyone else here see Feige going to the effort to finish New Mutants for anyone, on any platform? I don't think this movie is ever coming out... It's going to be the answer to a trivia question and that's it... 

LOL... just a reminder, as I dig into this heaping pot of stewed crow: no matter how confidently someone on a fan-based messageboard might sound, 9 times out of 10 they probably don't really know what they're talking about. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jking123 said:

so theres 2 Mcu movies, 1 fox marvel and 2 Sony marvel movies this year. got damn

Also I hope they keep ana Taylor magiK around 

Keep in mind that there were three MCU movies, one Fox Marvel movie and one Sony Marvel movie in 2018. Two Sony Marvel movies if you count Into the Spider-Verse. 

6 hours ago, TMP said:

"Out with the old" 

Do they realize what they're saying??  😂

But yeah, the thing doesn't even look like the smoke-cloud that was F4, so it really boggles what the big deal was behind the scenes...

Admittedly surprised it's even going theatrical, but good on FOX/Disney for honoring some kind of respectability with that choice. 

The problem is, it's almost too late to care about any of this...

Edited by Macleod

This looks pretty good. It's kind of weird to think this film will be the final film in the Fox X-Men franchise.

Thoughts: Great trailer, though not amazing. I think it will do okay, but with Disney dumping this and likely not spending a dime more than they have to, I fail to see it making that much even if it is well-received. I also think Feige might want the movie to not do well as to not compete with MCU movies/be seen as part of the MCU. There are a lot of people who don't realize the Fox X-Men movies are their own thing and not the MCU. Final thought, we may have seen the best scenes in the trailer, and the rest of the film could very well suck a big one. Though, from a marketing perspective, that shouldn't matter too much. I'm guessing those who want to see this movie will see it, and no one else will see it unless WOM is good. Again, let's not forget Disney is dumping this.

• Like 1

Views in official Fox/NM Channel after about 10 hours:
1.7m - YouTube 
5m - Twitter 
2m - Facebook 

This looks really good since Disney is not spending any penny to promote it.

Buzz is there. Don't know about interest.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 6:49 AM, grim22 said:

That wasn't a good trailer, especially after everything the movie has been through.

It says something that the only ones excited about this are the die hard Fox X Men fanboys, who will cheer loudly for anything remotely connected with the X Men.

Though some of the predictions about this being a huge hit are amusing because of their sheer failure to grasp reality.

• Knock It Off 1

21 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It still looks like a mediocre cheap fantasy horror movie. It will not do good. I remember when people claimed that the Fantastic Four 2015 trailers were good and that everyone loved them.

Never underestimate the ability of fans to delude themselves.

• Knock It Off 1

23 hours ago, Macleod said:

"Out with the old" 

Do they realize what they're saying??  😂

But yeah, the thing doesn't even look like the smoke-cloud that was F4, so it really boggles what the big deal was behind the scenes...

Admittedly surprised it's even going theatrical, but good on FOX/Disney for honoring some kind of respectability with that choice. 

The problem is, it's almost too late to care about any of this...

A very good possibility that Disney is not doing this for Honor, but because they have legal obligations to give it a thereatrical release.