BoxOfficeZ

The Dark Knight Rises Trailer 3

I love Nolan's signature cheesy technology-related joke at the end of his trailers."The lamborghini, then... much more subtle.""You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.""THIS ISN'T A CAR."

Edited by Gopher

I don't think it's quite as effective as the final trailer for The Dark Knight, but 1.) It's coming off an enormous and much-loved predecessor, so from a marketing standpoint, it doesn't have to be, and 2.) It still looks pretty damn cool.

Good to great trailer, but not mindblowing - the last trailer for TDK was mindblowing. As someone mentioned above, that last trailer especially for TDK just blew everyone away. but i still think the one that was playing out for TDK that this film sadly missed is the joker. the way TDK ended it just felt like the joker part of the arc was kinda unfinished. still this film does look cool but 500m cool... hmmm i don't see 500m or OW records from this trailer 150m+ OW is on cards ne way just from goodwill alone... this shoudl take this up to 160m but not much more. Good to great but not mindblowing. i guess expectations are jsut a little high for nolan :)

A lot of people complained about the "epic" feeling being absent or the trailer never getting going, but when the music picks up near the end after Batman's line and there's the shots of riots in the street, I got chills. I will say it ends sort of abruptly, though, without a money shot or line or anything to cap it off. Not that it hurts it, I just feel like some chilling shot is missing where the burning tumbler transitions into the title card out of nowhere, even something we've already seen like the rear shot of Bane from the teaser.