baumer

ALL SOTM ANSWERS CAN GO HERE (starting with SOTM2)

Some pretty large differences between a lot of user's predictions. Some people are going to lose a lot of points :P

MIB3: 13m diffPrometh: 7.3mSWATH: 15mNot huge diffs considering the range is 4.5m on either side or 9m total. Some will lose points, but I think most will make a bunch and I wasn't about to get left behind.

I think this weekend will almost certainly have resulted in over $175m for MIB 3 and over $150m for SWATH by mid-July. For me Prometheus is the wildcard here. Will it keep freefalling like GL (remember their second weekend Friday drop was identical, although Prom had a much better second Sat increase and a strong hold on Father's Day, thus a better 2nd weekend) or stabilize somewhat, like Wanted, Matrix Reloaded, I Robot, SWATH and many other films that dropped around 60% in their second weekend?

Legs.

Not that I won't like to see it... but isn't 178m a bit too much?For example...last year First Class made 23.8M in the corresponding period after 11.9M weekend. Plus that 11.9M came from the weekend on which GL opened.After a 10M weekend for MIB3, I would expect around 20M but 25M+ seems a bit too much....Hoping that it is around 175M so that everybody gets points and it is also 20M within my 195M prediction. :)

• Founder / Operator

Only thing going against MIB3, IMO, is the further loss of 3D screens. But the share of them should already be low enough by now that it won't make a big impact in the next month. Other than that, its been tracking well ahead of Night at the Museum 2.

Only thing going against MIB3, IMO, is the further loss of 3D screens. But the share of them should already be low enough by now that it won't make a big impact in the next month. Other than that, its been tracking well ahead of Night at the Museum 2.

NATM2 is a fair comparison... it made 16.5M after 7.8M weekend. MIB3 will be at 174m or so if it follows NATM2.Okay... now I feel like I should have gone a million or two higher.... but still can't see reaching 176m by July 22nd.

You have to consider that NATM lost all its IMAX screens to TF2, also the main blockbuster of the summer anyway, and suffered quite a big drop as a result. MIB 3, on the other hand, has two more strong weekends to come until serious competition hits.

• Like 1