Noctis

Avengers: $18.7m!

Don't most people buy that shit in advance so it doesn't sell out before they get there?

Let's say you show up at a large megaplex. All 12:01 showtimes are sold out. But they can (and do) add a 12:30 showtime once they clear out a room from another movie that just finished playing. So worst case scenario, you just wait an extra half hour while the theatre adds capacity on the spot.

-Enormous 3D share

I can believe that. Esp. since people who go to midnights are not going to be nearly as budget-conscious as people who casually stroll in on Sunday afternoon. The theatre closest to me had as many 3D showtimes as 2D.

I'm more astounded that this could beat what Thor and Cap made in their entire runs.

I actually think it has a slight shot at beating all the non IM Avenger movies combined by the time it's done(Thor, CA, and TIH). Say it opens to $175m this weekend. It would need a 2.8 multi to do it. Edited by MovieMan89

TA is off to a great start with this midnight number. But I won't post any conclusions for it until at least the OD number comes out. go TA! (BTW, this thread was crazy, I wake up from sleeping and there's a 23 page thread on midnights to read through) lol ^_^