Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I havent seen the Ang Lee version either... :mellow:

It's polarising. It doesn't know whether it's a summer blockbuster or a psychological drama. It doesn't really exceed with either, but I admire it for trying to do something more than standard summer fare. TIH tried to be generic summer fare and barely suceeded with that.
  • Like 2

I haven't seen the 2003 Hulk movie in a while, and while it's not horrible, it's way more depressing than it needs to be. And the Hulk looks like the Jolly Green Giant.

It's polarising. It doesn't know whether it's a summer blockbuster or a psychological drama. It doesn't really exceed with either, but I admire it for trying to do something more than standard summer fare. TIH tried to be generic summer fare and barely suceeded with that.

I guess it's a movie you have to see just to form an opinion on it, like Crash (which is shit)

I guess it's a movie you have to see just to form an opinion on it, like Crash (which is shit)

Crash was completely deserving of the BP win. One of my favorite BP winners ever. Brokeback Mountain was also worthy of a win.

• Founder / Operator

Avengers basically needs to sell more tickets today and tomorrow than Spider-Man did in 2002 on the same days. Spidey with 3D adjusts to roughly $67.6 million -- that's the minimum I see Avengers doing today if these early sellouts continue into the evening shows.

My projection as of now...80.5 million62 million45 million -27%187.5 millionStaying conservative to be surprised..Another barometer for Saturday50 million IM2 Day business, 61.8 million TA day businessIM2 Saturday 52 million, 64 million Saturday looks good...