Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

• Founder / Operator

Like I said before, a lot of theaters have all shows sold out for the entire day. So I think the late shows will come through.

A lot, but not all. Late night shows drove last night's business and matinee tickets cost as much as 30% less as evening tickets. That needs to be kept in mind when predicting a significant increase from non-midnight Friday numbers.And I'm not saying it won't happen. I just think we're getting in territory here where it could easily end up a "disappointing" $72-75 million Saturday for a few people... :lol: Edited by ShawnMR

When I even mentioned the thought of this happening a year ago much less a month or 2 ago predicting this with Maverikk on PM, i was laughed at and I'm still being laughed at TODAY at KJ over it.. I deserve some sort of redemption for this folks..

Everyone gets something right at some point, just like Kal with his AVATAR predictions :) . Anyway i still don't think this will hit $200mil, it will hit $190mil tops with ACTUALS.

History is repeating itself. Never thought of it before re-reading your article Shawn.The Avengers is going to break the 200M barrier.

Look, what more needs to be said about this that hasn't already been said and all but confirmed at least 1000X over??? If you REALLY feel Ledger's death wasn't sole contributor to TDK success based off the media's frenzy to cover his death the same day the movie opened making this a "must-see" for even non-fans who enjoyed his other movies, then forget it.. The only way to convice anyone of this is simple: TDKR HAS to Gross 533Million DOMESTIC or MORE to put an end to this debate once and for all Red.. If it pulls it off and makes more than TDK domestic, then YES, I'll conceed and admit that maybe his death wasn't the sole reason the movie made what it did, but for now, you've gotta be kidding?? I've called this for the 1st time basically since posting on theses sites by hitting the big one..

I've said over and over it added $100m domestic to the gross. Your argument is it added $328m, which is fucking ludicrous. Your arrogance and unwillingness to admit you were WRONG about that movie is precisely why I refuse to give you any credit for Avengers. Broken clock is right twice a day.

A lot, but not all. Late night shows drove last night's business and matinee tickets cost as much as 30% less as evening tickets. That needs to be kept in mind when predicting a significant increase from non-midnight Friday numbers.And I'm not saying it won't happen. I just think we're getting in territory here where it could easily end up a "disappointing" $72-75 million Saturday for a few people... :lol:

Gotcha!

Honestly, a little humility is not a bad thing. I'm the first to say when I'm off and the last to say I was right. (OK, maybe not the last, but you get the point)Let your predictions do the talking, not your mouth and it will go a lot further. Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood arachnid. ;)

• Like 1

200M OW? Really? I didn't think we'd see that for another 3-4 years.This is beyond insane. It's actually wtf crazy.

I thought the same untill a few hours ago. Expexted Avatar 2 to be the first movie with a fair chance to go beyond 200..

I've said over and over it added $100m domestic to the gross. Your argument is it added $328m, which is fucking ludicrous. Your arrogance and unwillingness to admit you were WRONG about that movie is precisely why I refuse to give you any credit for Avengers. Broken clock is right twice a day.

You guys are arguing about you're own speculations. I could make up some number in my head...say, 1m added to the gross and it wouldn't be any more right or wrong than what you two said because no one truly knows since there is zero proof ether way. It's a pointless debate, why bother wasting your time with it?

:wtf:

WTF is right. You're the person who adamantly claims the movie made $328m more than Batman Begins simply because Ledger died. Begins' home video sales/WOM, the Joker character itself, and TDK's WOM all had absolutely zero to do with the increase. "More or less the same." Don't want people to call you out on it, don't repeatedly make that kind of comment.