Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Everyone gets something right at some point, just like Kal with his AVATAR predictions :) . Anyway i still don't think this will hit $200mil, it will hit $190mil tops with ACTUALS.

190 m is the floor actually.Everytime we use conservative estimates The Avengers surpasses those expectations and then some.The movie is an uncontrollable monster.

I thought the same untill a few hours ago. Expexted Avatar 2 to be the first movie with a fair chance to go beyond 200..

Marvel stole Cameron thunder.Next "realistic" milestone?

190 m is the floor actually.Everytime we use conservative estimates The Avengers surpasses those expectations and then some.The movie is an uncontrollable monster.

$190m definitely looks like the floor. $200m is the target. Anything above that would be very sweet icing for Disney and Marvel.

• Founder / Operator

Marvel stole Cameron thunder.Next "realistic" milestone?

$100 million single day.After that, $250m day. Then probably $1 billion domestic total.

:rotfl:

Yeah!!! Right Red.. Whatever helps you sleep better at night, but once TDKR doesn't even come close to this movies box office much less TDK, you and the rest of the herd at KJ will have no other choice but to admit I was right all along and that it was true.. Star sweating cause being OWNED by me is as bad as it gets Red..

Folks, best thread yet at KJ.. Enjoy..

I'm predicting $425m for TDKR, which isn't close to TDK. What is your point here?

Marvel stole Cameron thunder.

Next "realistic" milestone?

lol Cameron will have the last laugh when this doesn't come withing $150mil of Titanic and $260mil of AVATAR. Oh and well over a billion of either worldwide. :P

lol Cameron will have the last laugh when this doesn't come withing $150mil of Titanic and $260mil of AVATAR. Oh and well over a billion of either worldwide. :P

You are right, in fact.I'm spoiled by these frenzy hours. :ph34r:

I'm predicting $425m for TDKR, which isn't close to TDK. What is your point here?

I'm predicting 457m, so I must feel the impact was 32m less. :P (Actually, I feel the impact wasn't nearly as much as most people think. If anything you could claim the impact was anything above Batman89 adjusted to 2008 dollars since I feel the true reason TDK did so well was Batman vs Joker, but even that is complete speculation)

I'm predicting 457m, so I must feel the impact was 32m less. :P (Actually, I feel the impact wasn't nearly as much as most people think. If anything you could claim the impact was anything above Batman89 adjusted to 2008 dollars since I feel the true reason TDK did so well was Batman vs Joker, but even that is complete speculation)

Joker accounts for a lot of it. Begins' WOM counts for some of it. TDK's WOM itself counts for a lot of it too. It was a perfect storm, but make no mistake it would have been a $400m grosser even if he lived. To say it would have made "more or less the SAME" as Batman Begins is honestly the funniest thing I've seen posted on any box office forum. Not even Kal comes close to that level of hilarity. That theory even ignores 3 years of ticket price inflation. :lol:

$100 million single day.After that, $250m day. Then probably $1 billion domestic total.

The 100M single day is impossible without midnights, i guess.1 billion dom total?Is this physically possible? So many movies, so short span before the dvd-bluray...

• Founder / Operator

Agreed.To be totally honest here, I really don't see TDKR missing $500 million if the film lives up to these early comments about how pleased WB is. Think about it this way: even Dead Man's Chest and Revenge of the Sith adjust to over $450-475m today -- and that's without adding in an IMAX benefit. $500m really isn't a stretch for TDKR.I really think we're going to see three films over $475m this year.