Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

What we really should be debating guys is: Has social media become so massive in reach that it is the most important factor in making/breaking a film as of right now? This can easily be argued both ways

Since the internet is often cited as one of the many 'distractions' that has resulted in falling attendence it's hard to say. It definitely helps as a marketing tool I suppose.

The studio says 52% saw it in 3D, 40% in traditional 3D, 8% in IMAX, and 4% on premium large format. Exit polls showed the actioner attracted a four-quadrant audience with 50% over age 25 and 50% under 25, while 60% were male and 40% female. Also 55% were couples, 24% families, and 21% teens.

Change Average Total Gross Budget* Week #1 N Marvel's The Avengers BV $200,300,000 - 4,349 - $46,057 $200,300,000 $220 12 1 Think Like a Man SGem $8,000,000 -54.6% 2,010 -5 $3,980 $73,029,000 $12 3

This just shattered the biggest gap record between 1 and 2.

200 million. That means $200,000,000 That's just beyond fucking belief. I thought we'd never see that. This movie deserves a WWW thread after seeing how 'unsuccessful' Thor and CA were compared to it.

Edited by FilmBuff

200 million. That means a 200,000,000. That's just beyond fucking belief. I thought we'd never see that. This movie deserves a WWW tighth after seeing how 'unsuccessful' Thor and CA were compared to it.

Unsuccessful? You do realize Thor and CA were made for the main reason to set up TA. I'd say they did their job pretty well lol Edited by GiantCALBears

Not surprising the holdovers were massacred, but for anyone who says "we had a strong first quarter" it's really top heavy. I mean, yeah we still technically had a massive (record breaking?) first quarter but look at the entirety of April.I can't be the only one who likes depth. Good news is that Avengers should play well for a long time and practically every opener until mid-June will have an empty marketplace. In the next 5 weeks we have 10 openers, lol. And even then, on Prometheus/Madagascar OW I don't think the Dictator or Chernobyl Diaries will be above $1m so possibly lowest grossing top 10 finish.

The studio says 52% saw it in 3D, 40% in traditional 3D, 8% in IMAX, and 4% on premium large format. Exit polls showed the actioner attracted a four-quadrant audience with 50% over age 25 and 50% under 25, while 60% were male and 40% female. Also 55% were couples, 24% families, and 21% teens.

So 52% 3D?

Um, what the hell? Why was the thread merged?

I think its a good thing.. everything started in here!edit. : maybe add a comment, that the weekend thread starts at page 220 Edited by chaos