Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

DH2 #s start to look rather pedestrian now eso after that OD and midnight records

Honestly, I looked them up after Avengers $80m OD and thought they were really pathetic. I love Harry Potter but apparently a lot of people couldn't care less. It's not as entertaining and it wasn't a "summer blockbuster" as the Avengers, but heh, I think it deserved a better box office run. But America's land of the superheroes so they'll always do better.

Damn, beating DH2 worldwide is just...ugh.

Damn right, son.

You have to think Rises even has a crazy shot at 100m OD, think with 45m in midnights...

Not without 3D.

I doubt it'll hit that without 3D.

Beginning of may.End of july.Is a laaaaaate 3d conversion even technically possible for TDKR?(don't mistake me: i'm GLAD it's in 2D but i wanted to test the limits of the schedule system with my question) Edited by Gideon

You have to think Rises even has a crazy shot at 100m OD, think with 45m in midnights...

No it doesn't.Midnights record may go down with Breaking Dawn 2 or Catching Fire. Nothing else.$100m OD or even $91m OD is not happening for another couple years, if at all.

Roughly:IMAX - $16M / $15.4 = 1.04M3D - $88.1M / $10.7 = 8.23M2D - $96.2 / $7.65 = 12.58MTotal - 21.85MSM3 and TDK are just below that.I will try to do more accurate calculation when actuals are available.

I think you miscalculated. They said 52% of the tickets were 3D/IMAX, not 52% of the revenue.

HOLY CRAP !!!200 Million !TA is making history.This si the Indiana Jones of its genration, the movie is just cool in every way, the tone is perfect, the enjoyment unbeatable .This is pure escapism gold made by brilliant people.The Avengers trilogy is going to make gazillion billions of dollars.This si the crown achievement of Joss Whedon's career,the godfather geek. :wave: :wave:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

Honestly, I looked them up after Avengers $80m OD and thought they were really pathetic. I love Harry Potter but apparently a lot of people couldn't care less. It's not as entertaining and it wasn't a "summer blockbuster" as the Avengers, but heh, I think it deserved a better box office run. But America's land of the superheroes so they'll always do better.

Damn right, son.

Seeing the possible WW run... is there a country that is truly, totally hermertic to superheroes?

No it doesn't.Midnights record may go down with Breaking Dawn 2 or Catching Fire. Nothing else.$100m OD or even $91m OD is not happening for another couple years, if at all.

Didn't most of us say the same about a 200M OW???

How is $40m midnights and $50m rest of day not possible after what we've seen this year with THG and TA. Even without 3d, this will be more frontloaded than TDK.

I couldn't care less if Potter is beaten domestically, but worldwide? Holy shit, that gets to me personally. Especially since The Avengers is so emotionally hollow.

Edited by Noctis

We're going to be maintaining one topic for weekend numbers from here on for awhile. This is to help with archival purposes, including the possibility of linking them on each movie's BO.com movie page. It also prevents unnecessary clutter in the databases. Topic titles will be updated accordingly once a staff member sees a new thread has been made for a new weekend day's numbers, and then merged.

Couldn't you have merged them after the weekend estimate thread died?