Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Nolan does not do 3D. Period, end of story.

(Even if he did, it's too quick to turn around a film that quickly.)

And i truly respect/appreciate that.

I only wanted to know the "no-turning back" point for 3D conversion.

I'm not crazy, i know the marketing is already set in stone!

:)

I think you miscalculated. They said 52% of the tickets were 3D/IMAX, not 52% of the revenue.

I think they misreported..

It sold 8% tickets in IMAX? i.e. made 25M+ from IMAX? Don't think so.

Why not? It has finale factor and inflation plus increased IMAX share. It's not as crazy as it looks

Finale factor means jackshit.As good as the movies have been, it's not like you feel it's the end of anything for Batman.Also, the day record, is only...what $60m set by Avengers? With 3D.So, no. There are limits...I mean come on. Like midnights is the best example, it probably can't go up to $60m, maybe not even $50m due to showings and whatnot.It's like I've mentioned many times before, Titanic had less than a third of the population see it. If the highest attended movie in the last 20-30 years has that "cap" then you can't simply predict wildly, not that this is anywhere as hard, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Neo predicting 1 billion for movies after awhile.

10 years ago, a comic book adaption released on the first weekend of May destroyed the OW record held by the first Harry Potter film by passing 100m for the first time.

There's something poetic about how another comic book adaption released on the first weekend of May destroyed the OW record held by the last Harry Potter film by passing 200m for the first time.

• Like 6

I couldn't care less if Potter is beaten domestically, but worldwide? Holy shit, that gets to me personally. Especially since The Avengers is so emotionally hollow.

That's how I feel about most of the Potter films.
  • Like 3

Finale factor means jackshit.As good as the movies have been, it's not like you feel it's the end of anything for Batman.

I disagree - as much as I hate the title cards on the trailers I think it's masterstroke of marketing to contrive that aspect. Edited by Hatebox

I couldn't care less if Potter is beaten domestically, but worldwide? Holy shit, that gets to me personally. Especially since The Avengers is so emotionally hollow.

Some good news for you Noctis, it may not necessarily beat it.I think it is 50/50 right now.

DHII is pretty hollow. Characterised by the likes of the sterotypical 'the chosen one' and moustache twirling villains. Let's not pretend Potter is some deep movie.Not that this determines a good movie anyway.

• Like 2

10 years ago, a comic book adaption released on the first weekend of May destroyed the OW record held by the first Harry Potter film by passing 100m for the first time.

There's something poetic about how another comic book adaption released on the first weekend of May destroyed the OW record held by the last Harry Potter film by passing 200m for the first time.

Love that bit.

And so...

10 years from now...another comic book adaption released on the first weekend of May destroying the OW record held by the rebooted Harry Potter film by passing 300m for the first time?

lol

Finale factor means jackshit.As good as the movies have been, it's not like you feel it's the end of anything for Batman.Also, the day record, is only...what $60m set by Avengers? With 3D.So, no. There are limits...I mean come on. Like midnights is the best example, it probably can't go up to $60m, maybe not even $50m due to showings and whatnot.It's like I've mentioned many times before, Titanic had less than a third of the population see it. If the highest attended movie in the last 20-30 years has that "cap" then you can't simply predict wildly, not that this is anywhere as hard, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Neo predicting 1 billion for movies after awhile.

You are so wrong it's not even funny, the industry has changed to event culture like hyping a big fight or sporting event. TDKr OD will be the place to be in July during the summer, the potential is there for $90m+