Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Sounds stupid. Having Superman (invincible) makes it even less relatable.

Yes, but do you honestly think that any superhero will ever actually die in their movie? Even ones that aren't invincible stand virtually zero chance.

Will Batman die in TDKR, I doubt it, but there is a chance. But, at this point I think everyone is expecting it, so it won't be as big a deal.

Noctis, i am the biggest fan of HP. I LOVE HP. And also i LOVE the Box office, so please, stop. If you didnt like the Avengers that much or you didnt like it at all that its ok. But please, stop. We are having a movie here making possibly 200 MM$ on its first weekend, can we enjoy that? Be happy for the box office and say wathever you want about the movie on the review section. And also, stop saying bad words to a girl, its bad education. P.s. Sorry for my bad english.

WB has every intention of making it, and they will really want to do it now that Avengers is a huge hit. A number of years ago they actually greenlit a JLA movie without Bale in it. Nolan and Bale basically threatened to not make another Batman movie if they went forward with it at the time, so they scrapped it. But it will likely be greenlit again now that Nolan and Bale are done.

Who are the other superhero characters in it?, is it people like Green Lantern etc?. I could actually see that being as big as The Avengers with people like Batman and Superman in it.

Who are the other superhero characters in it?, is it people like Green Lantern etc?. I could actually see that being as big as The Avengers with people like Batman and Superman in it.

If they did one, it would be these 6 characters:Batman, Superman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman.Here is the problem for them. They already got off to a bad start with Green Lantern. I expect Snyder's Superman to suck as well. Marvel got off to a great start with Iron Man by comparison.

Wonder woman, Flash, Martian the Manhunter, and Aquaman (could be replaced by another hero like Ant man was)

whats with the john carter increase? dollar theater?

Drive in. Double feature with The Avengers. Most of us called this yesterday. I think I even posted this in the JC thread on Friday.

HP just ended.The Lord of the Rings is remembered, and still loved by everyone.

HP is much more remembered. You can go in any part of the world and ask anyone if they know about Harry Potter and you will get affirmative answer.Bilbo Baggins? Not so much.And how do you get around with my major point: half a movie vs the finale?

If they did one, it would be these 6 characters:Batman, Superman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman.Here is the problem for them. They already got off to a bad start with Green Lantern. I expect Snyder's Superman to suck as well. Marvel got off to a great start with Iron Man by comparison.

The Flash and Wonder Woman?, really?.

HP is much more remembered. You can go in any part of the world and ask anyone if they know about Harry Potter and you will get affirmative answer.Bilbo Baggins? Not so much.And how do you get around with my major point: half a movie vs the finale?

People remember LOTR just as much.As for the half movie theory, this isn't the start of a massive new franchise, so there is no 'finale' factor, so to speak. People will watch Part 1 and part 2.