Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Figured as much. The sellouts around here today are very similar to yesterday.

The sellouts around here are pretty wild too but matching Friday is sort of ridiculous

As it stands now, we are only about 200 tickets from matching business day Friday in attendance. That's pretty crazy.

Amazing, how does overall attendance compare to TDK or DH2?

YEah I really don't understand this.

I'm still trying to understand how "TPM" didn't break "The Lost World" OW record? The Anticipation is still not like anything I've seen in my lifetime for a movie. I heard Lucas made a bet with Steven it would and lost.

Good question. Lost World opened on Friday vice Wednesday, with more theaters, and had a higher per theater average as well. I just had a conversation with someone about Lost World's opening weekend and how floored I was by it. The OW held for 4.5 years, broken by Harry Potter. The $26mil it made that Sunday was absolutely amazing and held for 5 years. That Sunday number is impressive by 2012 standards. Edited by lilmac

Sorry but Avengers needs them.Imax sold out people need the chance to see this baby on Imax.

1. You seriously need to calm down and stop overcompensating.2. WB booked it first. Tough luck for TA.

1. You seriously need to calm down and stop overcompensating.2. WB booked it first. Tough luck for TA.

Could they do a split?Days Dark Shadows and night for Avengers.I am just saying since Dark Shadows has no hype. I wish WB would moved this to another release date.

Could they do a split?Days Dark Shadows and night for Avengers.I am just saying since Dark Shadows has no hype. I wish WB would moved this to another release date.

Same thing happened to THG with Wrath.

I don't know what you're doing. You've been talking for months about how you don't like the look of TA. Now, having not seen it, you want it to hit $215M?I'm not buying it, I doubt anyone else is either.

I don't know what you're doing. You've been talking for months about how you don't like the look of TA. Now, having not seen it, you want it to hit $215M?I'm not buying it, I doubt anyone else is either.

I like box office records and plus I hate Avatar and I like to see Avatar to go down. Avengers has the best chance to do so.

I like box office records and plus I hate Avatar and I like to see Avatar to go down. Avengers has the best chance to do so.

I think you're upset that TDKR has a much lower chance of beating TA and have a really, really weird way of dealing with it.

i was at a chicken place in charlotte and when i walked in, some guy had the nerve to hand me a bootleg movie list of like 50+ movies! 21JS, TLAM, even AVENGERS! i wanted to punch him square. He even gave me a movie for free, Joyful Noise, i told my dad to throw it away. He had a whole bag full of movies and people coming in and out were buying them, i think a lady asked about Avengers but i dont think he had it there. why are people so fucking lazy and cheap, go buy a damn ticket! this guy was scamming disks on 80+ year olds! the industry really has to crack down on piracy- send undercover guys into places like that, google sites, like pirate bay, and get them shut down, its not that hard! if a simple 17 year old video game nerd can find movies online, im sure the govt or someone with legal power can. sorry for the rant guys, i just hate piracy, i can understand when the movie is on HV, but not while its still in theaters, i want to work in Hollywood and i wouldnt want people stealing from me. Plus piracy is a factor in the industries declines over the years, especially music. DB's.

• Like 1

I think you're upset that TDKR has a much lower chance of beating TA and have a really, really weird way of dealing with it.

Nah I do not care about that. I predicted TA was going to do 550m in the summer game. TDKR needs to make a billion to knock Alice. Avtar can make a billion even though I do not like. I do not to be the highest grossing film fuck james cameron. But we need more critical recieve films to knock films like Alice, Pirates, Transformers out the top 10 WW. Hopefully The Hobbit, TDKR can do this year.