Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

This is just ridiculous. $207 million? Insanity. I knew this would be huge but I couldn't fathom this. I can't really see TDKR beating this. Looks like team-ups may be the future of superhero movies.So do we think it actually had higher attendance than TDK or no?

Yeah I think that team-ups and crossovers are the future. The next logical team-up and perhaps an even bigger one would be a Justice League movie.

This is just ridiculous. $207 million? Insanity. I knew this would be huge but I couldn't fathom this. I can't really see TDKR beating this. Looks like team-ups may be the future of superhero movies.So do we think it actually had higher attendance than TDK or no?

Justice League or Batman/Superman may actually happen within the next several years.

Anybody else surprised by how much John Carter improved this weekend?

:) The majority of the increase is due to it being part of double feature at drive-insIn Domestic market for boxoffice reporting all films in double/triple program get allocated 100% of boxoffice, so if its TA + JC and drive-in takes 30k both films get allocated 30k, at the end of the day the actuals & film rental calculation doesn't take that in (theatre/drive-in would be paying to much) its a split of the total bo for the program.Domestic also allow for studio mixing of titles i.e. Disney + paramount (generally in International it has to be like with like so Disney+ disney,Fox+fox etc)In International the boxoffice is allocated all to the main title so TA + JC 30k TA gets 30K, JC gets 0, film rental calculation is however split to all titles(% of split varies, usually what is classed as main title will get major %)
  • Like 1

Yeah I think that team-ups and crossovers are the future. The next logical team-up and perhaps an even bigger one would be a Justice League movie.

Even though they messed up Green Lantern, they really just need a post-Nolan Batman movie and a Flash or Wonder Woman movie in addition to Man of Steel to pull it off. 2016 sounds possible since WB is probably putting some serious effort into it now that these weekend numbers have come out.

Justice League or Batman/Superman may actually happen within the next several years.

A high quality dark Batman vs/team up with Superman film directed by a somebody would do much better than a goofy "wannabe Avengers" JLA movie, IMO.

Just heard news that George Lucas is coming out of retirement for the long awaited Star Wars/Indiana Jones crossover.
  • Like 1

1,223.8% increase for John Carter. And they think no one notices? (I guess we probably are the only ones that actually would)

Drive ins Drive ins Drive ins