Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

You don't think they can extrapolate from that knowledge?

How many times have there been openers this huge in early May? Twice, maybe?

64-67m Friday is good. It's just that people are expecting it to break the ow record so I'm sure they're disappointed for the games and bets they made. But that amount is nothing bad at all. mtc had it tracking at 140m. It will surely go past that, lol.

Edited by ECSTASY

B.O. analysts warn the early estimates could increase by late Friday, but, as of noon, "The Avengers" numbers appear to be slightly ahead of "The Dark Knight," which, in 2008, earned $67 million Friday and a three-day cume of $158 million.

Am I reading this wrong, or does it make it sound like matinees are slight ahead of TDK? If that's the case, how on Earth on they thinking a lower OD than it?

Am I reading this wrong, or does it make it sound like matinees are slight ahead of TDK? If that's the case, how on Earth on they thinking a lower OD than it?

Cause they don't know what the hell they're talking about, as usual. ;)

Where's this from? If true then that's fantastic, and bodes well for 75M+.

They're being conservative in their extrapolations imo

Matinees cannot be ahead of TDK in the middle of May (Finals, AP Exams, etc.) in terms of attendance.3D surcharge and inflation, however, can push the gross higher than TDK

Edited by spizzer