Robertron

Who will be the next Bond?

I agree, the James Bond character is just British, and British only.

Idris Elba is BRITISH

What part of that is everyone missing?

Excuse Sphongle. He's confused. He meant to say that Bond should be WHITE. Not just British. Therefore, Idris Elba cannot be Bond. He can play Django and Black Dynamite, though.

As of now, I don't see anybody who could be bond other than Tom Hardy, he's perfect for the role. And no, Clive Owen should never have this role, he is too bland, boring and just happens to speak in a nice English accent.

Edited by Jessie

As of now, I don't see anybody who could be bond other than Tom Hardy, he's perfect for the role. And no, Clive Owen should never have this role, he is too bland, boring and just happens to speak in a nice English accent.

And Craig is so darn interesting? He's the definition of bland. Clive Owen can actually act.

Idris: My names Bond, James Bond... Mother fucker

Seriously though, a black bond would be as fitting as Ben Affleck in a Tyler perry film.

:rofl:

It's more like: "Ma' nem's Bond, bitch, Jamie Bond, mutha' fucka'."

• Like 1

And Craig is so darn interesting? He's the definition of bland. Clive Owen can actually act.

He just doesn't feel right, it would be a step backwards. Craig may be bland at times, but he looks like a badass in these movies. I'm shocked why people aren't thinking of Hardy, he is perfect. He has the looks, has a very posh accent, superb actor, has charisma and can be very intimidating. The question should be whether or not hardy wants to do it.

:rofl:

It's more like: "Ma' nem's Bond, bitch, Jamie Bond, mutha' fucka'."

He'd end up turning into the criminal :rofl:

And they'd have to turn all the bond girls into dumb blond bimbos. He's spend half the movie at KFC lol

Hand over your gun..... and your wallet :rofl:

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

Why wouldn't it be believable? 95% of what makes Bond Bond, even all the way back to his backstory in the Fleming novels, has absolutely nothing to do with his race.The only reason you think it wouldn't work, and yes, this is what your statements imply, is that audiences wouldn't accept a black Bond.

It's pretty simple. James Bond isn't black. I'm by no means racist, but it makes no sense to make James Bond black.Like, what happened if they cast a black guy as Bond, did he just wake up one morning and turned into a black guy? It just doesn't make sense to do so. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't have the ability to change my skin color.And the argument that Craig is the first blonde Bond honestly is completely irrelevant. A blonde Bond makes much more sense than a black Bond. And another argument I don't like is Nick Fury being black. At least Nick Fury was black in some comics (and was actually based off of Samuel L Jackson).Again, not racist, just using logic. I don't want skin colors of my film characters to change. I don't want a black Bond as much as I wouldn't want a white Morpheus, Blade, or Storm.They can make a movie about a black spy without naming him James Bond. Edited by Cheesy Poofs
  • Like 2

Like, what happened if they cast a black guy as Bond, did he just wake up one morning and turned into a black guy? It just doesn't make sense to do so. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't have the ability to change my skin color.

You're ok with the fact that one character has been portrayed by 6 different actors spanning 50 years? That is acceptable but having him be black isn't?He is a character. This series will never die, in another 50 years he will still be going. Will he be 100 years old in the film? No. To answer your question, no I can't just change the color of my skin. Then again I can't stop my self from aging and I don't suddenly look like another person altogether.
  • Like 3

It won`t be any of currently hot actors. By the time DC is done with JB, Fassys, Hiddlestons, Elbas,Hardys,etc will be either too big for Bond or too old or too irrelevant or a combo. Depending how their careers turn out. Look at Clive Owen. He had a great start beginning of the aughts, the original next Fassy/Hardy/Hiddles, but now`s been irrelevant for quite a few years.

Edited by fishnets

DC always looked old. My mom thinks he looks like a sphynx cat. Can`t artgue against that. So he can 2-3 more Bonds because men who always looked old freeze and look the same for years so in the end they look younger than their old age.

Yeah you need an actor who's now in late 20's maybe around 30 so that in 6 years or so when the next Bond is being made he's in mid 30's or so ... possibly late 30's Elba would make a great Bond that dude is class ... much more so than DC if I may add But ... he's 40 and its no use replacing say a 50 year old Bond with a 45 year old one