Robertron

Who will be the next Bond?

It used to be Bond could only have brown hair. Now Daniel Craig is considered one of best Bonds ever.So maybe the limits of what Bond should look like should be pushed even further.In fact I wouldn't mind a lesbian Bond at some point.There's been over 22 white male Bond movies. It's time for some experimentation.

No female Bond. No. Just no. Unless they want that shit to bomb.They made M a woman aqnd that should be it. Next time get female Q if you like but Bond keeps the sausage.
  • Like 3

I don't see how it is racist to expect Bond to be white. If it was the other way around and if they changed a black character in a series (like Blade Storm or someone like that) to white there would be an outrage, the filmmakers would be called racist, and it would be all over the news, but the other way around is totally OK.

No female Bond.

This I can agree with. It's like how I almost lost my favorite sports team.The Houston Astros were forced to move to the fucking American League. They are changing the uniforms and there was talk about them changing their name too. At that point, I would have just stopped. After all, did they even resemble the team I had followed for the last 20 years? Nope.Same thing would kind of apply to James Bond. He becomes a woman, and he literally isn't James Bond anymore, he is a completely different person, with a new name and everything.

It used to be Bond could only have brown hair. Now Daniel Craig is considered one of best Bonds ever.So maybe the limits of what Bond should look like should be pushed even further.In fact I wouldn't mind a lesbian Bond at some point.There's been over 22 white male Bond movies. It's time for some experimentation.

Yeah, speak for yourself.A lesbian bond? Lol. Bond is a charming ladies man so why would it make sense to make him gay?? With the 22nd movie of the franchise looking at grossing $600m+, it's safe to say we are happy the way bond is.

Because its a given.

A black guy could always play the villain?

always? probably not. I would say rarely.

Anyway, Michael Fassbender gets my vote for the next Bond. Perfect in every way.

Edited by ECSTASY

I don't see how it is racist to expect Bond to be white. If it was the other way around and if they changed a black character in a series (like Blade Storm or someone like that) to white there would be an outrage, the filmmakers would be called racist, and it would be all over the news, but the other way around is totally OK.

Because popular black characters are so rare when the race is changed it's like killing a panda bear.

Skin color is the least important factor for James Bond.He just needs to to be British, smart, stylish, fit, smooth, with a powerful glare.Idris Elba has all of the above.But since they're doing 2 or 3 more movies with Craig, Elba might be too old (he's currently 40).

Skin color is the least important factor for James Bond.

He just needs to to be British, smart, stylish, fit, smooth, with a powerful glare.

Idris Elba has all of the above.

But since they're doing 2 or 3 more movies with Craig, Elba might be too old (he's currently 40).

Hardcore bond fans would strongly disagree...

"Lets experiment with and fix things that aren't broken just because."

British in a sense that they are all from the Commonwealth.Connery is ScottishLazenby is AustralianBrosnan is Irish

I don't know about all of that. British is British. The republic of Ireland is not Great Britain. I don't know about Lazenby and Australia. He didn't last anyway. But Sean Connery is British (Scotland is part of Great Britain).I was just commenting since someone said Bond had to British and English.

I don't particularly care about the race or gender of 007. Bond's hounddogging and groan-worthy double entrendres were never the high point of the series for me. It's the other stuff that makes the franchise fun, especially for people who aren't white men attempting to live vicariously through the guy. I think the next Bond should be recruited from the cast of Prometheus: any one of Fassbender, Elba, or Theron could knock it out of the park.