75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

TDK is an awesome movie, but I couldn't see me taking a pre-teen son or daughter of mine to see it in the cinema, whereas I could definately see me doing that for Avengers, Spiderman, Superman.I think that is a testiment to how good the gross for TDK is as its age range for potential viewers is significantly smaller than that of the Avengers, LOTR, Harry Potter etc.*I say significantly smaller because for every 8 year old not going to see TDK there is potentially 3-4 otehr family members also not seeing it that weekend.

Agreed. I watched BB last night and there are so many iconic Batman moments in that movie, it's not even funny. It's not perfect by any means, but it is a great Batman movie.

For the LOVE OF GOD, the way people understimate BB and overstimate TDK sickens me. Seriously, BB is more than great, and while not perfect, it's THE BEST Batman movie by far. I still get chills at the end of the movie when Gordon does his speech about escalation and hinting Joker would be the next villain. Ledger's performance is the best thing that TDK offers, and that somehow eclipsed what Batman Begins is. What makes me more than sad, it makes me mad. People should appreciate Batman Begins more.

TDK is an awesome movie, but I couldn't see me taking a pre-teen son or daughter of mine to see it in the cinema, whereas I could definately see me doing that for Avengers, Spiderman, Superman.

I think that is a testiment to how good the gross for TDK is as its age range for potential viewers is significantly smaller than that of the Avengers, LOTR, Harry Potter etc.

*I say significantly smaller because for every 8 year old not going to see TDK there is potentially 3-4 otehr family members also not seeing it that weekend.

Now this I agree with. I can not agree that TDK deserved more than BB, but that's something I can get behind on.

So, 550m dom is currently the floor for TA ???

Using 50% drops after this weekend, I believe it gets there.

Say it makes 90 mill this weekend. That puts it at 360 mill.

Monday to Thurs next week: 31 mill

Weekend: 45 mill

Monday to Thurs week after: 16 mill

Weekend: 24.5 (Memorial weekend)

M-T: 8 mill

Weekend: 12 mill

M-T: 4

Weekend: 6

M-T: 2

Weekend: 3

The rest: 5 mill

176.5 mill. Add that to 360 mill That's 536.5 mill WITH 50% DROPS FOR THE REST OF THE SUMMER.

So it 's 100% guaranteed to pass TDK as long as it does 90 mill this weekend.

• Like 1

For the LOVE OF GOD, the way people understimate BB and overstimate TDK sickens me. Seriously, BB is more than great, and while not perfect, it's THE BEST Batman movie by far. I still get chills at the end of the movie when Gordon does his speech about escalation and hinting Joker would be the next villain. Ledger's performance is the best thing that TDK offers, and that somehow eclipsed what Batman Begins is. What makes me more than sad, it makes me mad. People should appreciate Batman Begins more.

It's not the best by far. Mask of the Phantasm is right there with it in quality. But BB is certainly underrated compared to TDK.

Using 50% drops after this weekend, I believe it gets there.

Say it makes 90 mill this weekend. That puts it at 360 mill.

Monday to Thurs next week: 31 mill

Weekend: 45 mill

Monday to Thurs week after: 16 mill

Weekend: 24.5 (Memorial weekend)

M-T: 8 mill

Weekend: 12 mill

M-T: 4

Weekend: 6

M-T: 2

Weekend: 3

The rest: 5 mill

176.5 mill. Add that to 360 mill That's 536.5 mill WITH 50% DROPS FOR THE REST OF THE SUMMER.

So it 's 100% guaranteed to pass TDK as long as it does 90 mill this weekend.

Is that you asking ercboxoffice why their weekend estimates for ta are so conservative

I'd say BB has three (general) issues:

- Katie Holmes is woefully miscast

- It's a teeny bit over-convoluted, plotwise... Nolan could've streamlined a tad without sacrificing anything. Of course, this is generally an issue with all his movies.

- the scope of the action scenes, for the most part, are smaller in scale, and the hand-to-hand fighting's not particularly memorable thanks to the handheld cameras. (The exception to the scale is the Batmobile's first chance to shine).

But, it does what any movie that wants to be memorable needs to do: it ends strong.

"I never said thank you."

"And you'll never have to."

HELL YEAH.

I try to keep my personal emotions (if I like or dislike a certain movie/director) out of the equation when I try to understand it's BO run. No worries. Avatar's run was quite different though, you think it will be a valuable comparison?

When r u gonna let me know what app you use for ur charts

I'd say BB has three (general) issues:

- Katie Holmes is woefully miscast

- It's a teeny bit over-convoluted, plotwise... Nolan could've streamlined a tad without sacrificing anything. Of course, this is generally an issue with all his movies.

- the scope of the action scenes, for the most part, are smaller in scale, and the hand-to-hand fighting's not particularly memorable thanks to the handheld cameras. (The exception to the scale is the Batmobile's first chance to shine).

But, it does what any movie that wants to be memorable needs to do: it ends strong.

"I never said thank you."

"And you'll never have to."

HELL YEAH.

Yeah, same goes with TDK. Those two endings are the two best endings in any superhero movie. Sloppy 3rd acts followed by brilliant final scenes.

Is it also you arguing with Poland on his blog?

Did he post that on his blog? I argue with him on Twitter and I like doing it because he's a pompous stubborn mule at times. He also has some really different views on the biz. And he'll argue back with me, but for the most part he's okay. But yes, that is me.

I love BB if TDKR is the same as BB I will be really happy. BB holds up great every repeat viewing. The film has so much heart. You care about Bruce so much.

Agreed. You not only care about Batman and Bruce, in BB he is the monster, he is as menacing as Ra's, and those scenes where everyone is tripping with Crane's gas at the end are amazing. I'm TIRED of reading people say that they like Joker better than Batman, it's not how it's supposed to be. There's a cult following for Loki too, and while I agree that this is a testament for their portrayal of the characters, I don't feel like Loki eclipsed The Avengers. BB is the single Batman movie where Batman isn't eclipsed by the villain, and I wish that TDKR brings that back.

It's not the best by far. Mask of the Phantasm is right there with it in quality. But BB is certainly underrated compared to TDK.

I've said that I agree with you about Mask of the Phantasm before, I meant that BB is the live action Batman movie. I would kill for a live action movie based on Mask of the Phantasm, but that probably will never happen.