75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

Agreed. You not only care about Batman and Bruce, in BB he is the monster, he is as menacing as Ra's, and those scenes where everyone is tripping with Crane's gas at the end are amazing.I'm TIRED of reading people say that they like Joker better than Batman, it's not how it's supposed to be. There's a cult following for Loki too, and while I agree that this is a testament for their portrayal of the characters, I don't feel like Loki eclipsed The Avengers. BB is the single Batman movie where Batman isn't eclipsed by the villain, and I wish that TDKR brings that back.I've said that I agree with you about Mask of the Phantasm before, I meant that BB is the live action Batman movie. I would kill for a live action movie based on Mask of the Phantasm, but that probably will never happen.

Hulk is the scene-stealer in Avengers, not Loki. Hulk got the same kind of reaction in my theater to Ledger's Joker. Huge laughs, huge applause during at least 3 of Hulk's scenes. Same thing happened with Ledger's Joker.As far as a live action MOTP goes, that would be cool. BB did pay some homage to it with the ski mask scene. "Now we're two." If you're a Batman fan, how can that shit not send chills down your spine? :D

My one reservation about TDKR (and I admit I do not read much about films before I watch them so not to have too much ruined) is that I wonder how similar the film will be to the one planned at the start of the trilogy.I assume that The Joker and Ledger were supposed to be a significant part of Batman 3, and with his death have they had to veer off course too much.Will the Joker get mentioned or just forgotton for the new enemy of the week type motif.

Btw how many theaters is ta about to lose

It's not losing any. Why would theater shed screens for the most popular film by about 3X, at their theater?

Yeah, same goes with TDK. Those two endings are the two best endings in any superhero movie. Sloppy 3rd acts followed by brilliant final scenes.

Along those lines, TA is really the first Marvel movie whose 3rd act is stronger than its first two. And after seeing it a few times, I really appreciate the ending, (SPOILERS if you haven't seen TA!)....with Nick Fury saying "Now the whole world knows... EVERY world knows!" and the "A" on Stark Tower as the final shot. I rank that ahead of TDK's ending, which is a bit too depressing. Love Oldman/Bale's BB ending, though! And of course the "I am Iron Man!" ending was great, even if IM's final battle was lackluster. I'm not sure anything has topped Spidey's Final Swing in SM1, though, at least not in my eyes. "Who am I? I'm SPIDER-MAN!"

My one reservation about TDKR (and I admit I do not read much about films before I watch them so not to have too much ruined) is that I wonder how similar the film will be to the one planned at the start of the trilogy.I assume that The Joker and Ledger were supposed to be a significant part of Batman 3, and with his death have they had to veer off course too much.Will the Joker get mentioned or just forgotton for the new enemy of the week type motif.

It won't be an enemy-of-the-week motif since Batman is basically retired for 8 years.

It's not losing any. Why would theater shed screens for the most popular film by about 3X, at their theater?

Proportionally its going to lose a considerable number of imax screens percentage wise because of wbs deal with imax for darkshadows opener

Hulk is the scene-stealer in Avengers, not Loki. Hulk got the same kind of reaction in my theater to Ledger's Joker. Huge laughs, huge applause during at least 3 of Hulk's scenes. Same thing happened with Ledger's Joker.As far as a live action MOTP goes, that would be cool. BB did pay some homage to it with the ski mask scene. "Now we're two." If you're a Batman fan, how can that shit not send chills down your spine? :D

Everyone loves Hulk now, but I feel like The Avengers got it so damn right about balancing things between the characters that I feel all of them stand out. And yes, we should start a fucking campaing for people stopping understimating BB. I swear that the next time someone says that "BB is okay but then it came TDK and ZOMG it's so awesome", I'll flip shit and go after them Jay and Silent Bob style. :angry: Edited by iJackSparrow

Btw how many theaters is ta about to lose

BOM says it's theater count is remaining the same this week.I'm actually hoping Avengers can claim the theater count record next week. There's plenty examples of May openers adding a large number of theaters in their 3rd weekend, see Spider-Man 1 and 3, and Iron Man.

Along those lines, TA is really the first Marvel movie whose 3rd act is stronger than its first two. And after seeing it a few times, I really appreciate the ending, (SPOILERS if you haven't seen TA!)

with Nick Fury saying "

Now the whole world knows... EVERY world knows!" and the "A" on Stark Tower as the final shot. I rank that ahead of TDK's ending, which is a bit too depressing. Love Oldman/Bale's BB ending, though! And of course the "I am Iron Man!" ending was great, even if IM's final battle was lackluster. I'm not sure anything has topped Spidey's Final Swing in SM1, though, at least not in my eyes. "Who am I? I'm SPIDER-MAN!"

Shivers down my spine. :wub:

Proportionally its going to lose a considerable number of imax screens percentage wise because of wbs deal with imax for darkshadows opener

Nope. They made a deal with WB to share screens in a lot of the locations. Discussed earlier this week.
  • Like 1

Along those lines, TA is really the first Marvel movie whose 3rd act is stronger than its first two. And after seeing it a few times, I really appreciate the ending, (SPOILERS if you haven't seen TA!)....with Nick Fury saying "Now the whole world knows... EVERY world knows!" and the "A" on Stark Tower as the final shot. I rank that ahead of TDK's ending, which is a bit too depressing. Love Oldman/Bale's BB ending, though! And of course the "I am Iron Man!" ending was great, even if IM's final battle was lackluster. I'm not sure anything has topped Spidey's Final Swing in SM1, though, at least not in my eyes. "Who am I? I'm SPIDER-MAN!"

I really hate that ending, not to mention the TF-like alien collapse. The exciting element of SH films is that the identity of the hero is unknown, now it's out there for every film from now on. The third act was good, the ending sucked for me.

It's not losing any screens, just showtimes. IMAX made a deal with WB to have the showtimes shared.

TAs impact has more of a hype ending . Tdks ending is a much more emotional ending, not only the best comic book movie ending but one of the best movie endings. Its a preference. I mean seriously which comic movie ending dialoh has matched the very final lines

Gordon's Son: Batman? Batman! Why is he running, Dad?Lt. James Gordon: Because we have to chase him.Gordon's Son: He didn't do anything wrong.Lt. James Gordon: Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Nope. They made a deal with WB to share screens in a lot of the locations. Discussed earlier this week.

He said percentage wise. I think he is referring to the fact that it isn't technically losing all those screens, but it is losing show times, which when added up could be like losing some theaters.

Along those lines, TA is really the first Marvel movie whose 3rd act is stronger than its first two. And after seeing it a few times, I really appreciate the ending, (SPOILERS if you haven't seen TA!)....

with Nick Fury saying "Now the whole world knows... EVERY world knows!" and the "A" on Stark Tower as the final shot. I rank that ahead of TDK's ending, which is a bit too depressing. Love Oldman/Bale's BB ending, though! And of course the "I am Iron Man!" ending was great, even if IM's final battle was lackluster. I'm not sure anything has topped Spidey's Final Swing in SM1, though, at least not in my eyes. "Who am I? I'm SPIDER-MAN!"

Iron Man ending was greatSM 1 good ending but kinda cheesyAvengers

Nick Furry quote was great but the A was cheesy

BB/TDK had great endinghow did IM2 end?

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

He said percentage wise. I think he is referring to the fact that it isn't technically losing all those screens, but it is losing show times, which when added up could be like losing some theaters.

Well okay.

Iron Man ending was greatSM 1 good ending but kinda cheesyNick Furry quote was great but the A was cheesyBB/TDK had great endinghow did IM2 end?

Personally I was more touched by X Men First Class ending. :lol: