75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

New releases in April, early May end up having the best Monday holds. Spider-Man had second-best Monday hold in the top 10. http://www.boxoffice...02-05-06&p=.htmTA's hold is just average, especially given that it had some spillover business from Sunday.

Spider-Man had a -65.3% Monday hold. Assuming the 19m figure for TA's Monday is accurate, is a -66.7% Monday hold that much worse?

Guys, don't feed the troll. RTX has neither a leg to stand on or an opinion about this film that makes a lick of sense. If he honestly believes DS is going to outgross it this weekend, then maybe box office discussion isn't his game. Maybe he's be more comfortable discussing how to bake cookies or how to walk and chew gum at the same time. He should just leave this box office stuff to the big boys.

• Like 1

Guys, don't feed the troll. RTX has neither a leg to stand on or an opinion about this film that makes a lick of sense. If he honestly believes DS is going to outgross it this weekend, then maybe box office discussion isn't his game. Maybe he's be more comfortable discussing how to bake cookies or how to walk and chew gum at the same time. He should just leave this box office stuff to the big boys.

Meow. :lol:

New releases in April, early May end up having the best Monday holds. Spider-Man had second-best Monday hold in the top 10. http://www.boxoffice...02-05-06&p=.htmTA's hold is just average, especially given that it had some spillover business from Sunday.

Yet it still beats Spidey's Monday even when you take 3D and inflation into account. Just putting things into perspective... ;)

amazing monday, remember spiderman drop 28% on sunday and Avengers drop 18% so a 67% on monday is nothing but great. $90 second weekend es very very likely, i think $100 second weekend has a chance but it will be very hard, anything over $100 is even more incredible than the unbeliavable $207 OW

YES!

Some big movies would kill to have this "100" next to "OW".

But for Cap, Tony and co, it will be "hmm? Yeah, whatever, we had the double one week ago!"

Remember that higher standard talk we had? :P :P :P

Remember that higher standard talk we had? :P :P :P

I think this is perfectly acceptable if someone is seriously projecting DS to make 70 mill and TA to lose all it's female audience. I didn't call him a moron, I just said that perhaps he hasn't quite got the grasp of the nuances of box office. This is a tough gig for those who are considered neophytes at it. I simply pointed out that there are other things he should try mastering first. Chocolate chip cookies are delicious.