Travod

Legend of Korra

Anyone who reads the Avatar follow-up comics published by Dark Horse will be pleased to know that they are coming with a fourth volume, titled "Smoke and Shadows", focusing on Zuko and Mai's relationship, among other elements from the original show. Interview with the writer: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57363

• Like 1

There will be debate over this, if it is romantic, friendship etc. but either way I'm happy it and thought it was a great way to close the series. 

it was sweet, but I still feel the overall battle and epicness can't compared to season 2.

it was sweet, but I still feel the overall battle and epicness can't compared to season 2.

The stakes weren't as high as season 2 but season 2's finale was way over the top and escalated too quickly IMO. Everything felt justified in this and there weren't any last minute deus ex machina.

Well, you never know. Nickolodeon might shell out for another season.  :ph34r:

Pfft. I crack myself up sometimes.

I don't think so not about Korra anyway. I would love to see one jump ahead to the Modern day (or future). you could do alot with that. or a whole series about avatar Won. 

The series ended but it appears the last scene was more like level 99 trolling then an actual ending. 

You bring out a love angle that there was no hint to for the entire series in the last 2 mins.

How did you miss the constant subtext between those two? I caught it since early Season 3 and I'm terrible at spotting these things.

Speaking of Season 3, I just caught the series finale again and holy shit that midair fight between Korra and Zaheer is amazing. Seriously, I don't think I've seen a single movie fight scene this year that even comes close to it.

• Like 1

How did you miss the constant subtext between those two? I caught it since early Season 3 and I'm terrible at spotting these things.

Speaking of Season 3, I just caught the series finale again and holy shit that midair fight between Korra and Zaheer is amazing. Seriously, I don't think I've seen a single movie fight scene this year that even comes close to it.

I think it was friendship that exists between two women going through a similar plight...

However of course looking back in retrospect I can see how this ending makes sense. 

Also it seems the ending was a start of the romantic relationship. Not that is preexisted and magically appeared. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Confirmed!

Read the last two posts from his tumblr (both creator's posts): http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/

That's amazing! This show actually is groundbreaking, they've been breaking barriers and tropes with this children's show for almost a decade now. I really hope that this universe can continue, maybe Nickelodeon can sell the Avatar property to Netflix or something.

• Like 2

While I had always held hopes for Makosami to rekindle, Canon Korrasami is pretty ballsy. It's clear that they hadn't planned this through out the first two seasons but that's really okay. This show has excelled in so many other aspects as well. It could have easily coasted on ATLA's success but it was incredibly ambitious and kept pushing thematic and technical boundaries. There were slight missteps on the story/character front at times but not for once did it fall completely on its face. 

The Avatar universe has edged the Marvel universe to be my favorite fictional universe now. I agree with Iceroll, there should be another series. These creators are crazy talented.