Travod

Legend of Korra

Let's look at this season's positives and negatives so far:

+

-Varrick is by far the funniest character LOK has seen so far. 

-The intensity continues to grow with each episode, and the tensions between the two tribes remains compelling.

-The Spirits look totally awesome in design.

-The plots with Tenzin and his family are fun to watch, though they're edited into the episodes in a way that's a bit distracting.

-The art direction is phenomenal, as always.

-Mako has a much more interesting character here than he did in Season 1

-

-The pacing this season seems really unbalanced, and the Tenzin plotlines seem to take a new direction each episode (not to mention my criticisms above)

-The Bolin-Eska plotline is still somewhat funny, but it's starting to grow a little stiff. Aubrey Plaza still makes it fun to watch, though.

-Korra has become even bitchier this season, which really makes things distracting.

-ENOUGH WITH THE RELATIONSHIP DRAMA. With two big relationships in the story right now, it only distracts us from what really matters.

I'm holding out hope that it gets better as the season progresses. It's good now, but I still know that DiMartino and Konietzko can do better.

Another thing that's been bugging me is the animation.  During the dialogue scenes, it looks so lazily animated.  Only the mouths are moving and everything else is still, reminds me of recent Pokemon episodes.  I heard they switched studios for season 2 but they're going back to the old animation studio for episodes 7-8 and 10-14.

The 6th episode was good, as usual. Mako is more interesting with Asami, they are a good pair and really go along.

Varrick is not the good guy we could think he is, undoubtedly a great character.

Korra forgot everything? Lost on an island? What?

Interesting epsiodes

Felt more like your watching a a hybrid of Spirited Away though. 

However the 2nd half was great...

The avatar backstory is amazing. 

I'd say more Princess Mononoke than Spirited Away which, considering it's my favourite Ghibli (and one of my favourite films) is no bad thing.

But yeah, great episodes. Especially the final battle.

Edited by rukaio101
  • Like 1

I kinda wish they had the Legend of Wan as a twelve episode miniseries. Just imagine it

Four episodes dedicated to Wan's beginning, starting with the beginning of the episode, ending with Wan freeing Vaatu

One episode dedicated to Wan gaining airbending and learning how to use it

One episode for waterbending's origins

One episode for earthbending's origins

One episode about the spirits vs. the first firebender settlement

Four episode finale about the harmonic convergence and epilogue stuff involving breaking up the spirit world and physical world and ending with the second avatar being born.

I mean, these episodes were great, but I loved Wan and Raavi and the art style. Would've loved a full show out of this story; it was better than anything seen in Korra so far IMO. Part of the appeal of A:TLA was the ancient mysticism which has been sorely lacking in Korra, but was in this episode entirely. Really great stuff.

I kinda wish they had the Legend of Wan as a twelve episode miniseries. Just imagine it

Four episodes dedicated to Wan's beginning, starting with the beginning of the episode, ending with Wan freeing Vaatu

One episode dedicated to Wan gaining airbending and learning how to use it

One episode for waterbending's origins

One episode for earthbending's origins

One episode about the spirits vs. the first firebender settlement

Four episode finale about the harmonic convergence and epilogue stuff involving breaking up the spirit world and physical world and ending with the second avatar being born.

I mean, these episodes were great, but I loved Wan and Raavi and the art style. Would've loved a full show out of this story; it was better than anything seen in Korra so far IMO. Part of the appeal of A:TLA was the ancient mysticism which has been sorely lacking in Korra, but was in this episode entirely. Really great stuff.

I heard Nickelodeon was planning on making some animated LOK movies, maybe they could make a more fleshed out version of this story into a movie.  It would double the runtime to at least 90 minutes.