Travod

Legend of Korra

I would love to have a Ang successor, that they do a rework of kora with one big season, and not in the moderen time because I just miss the old romantic feeling. Those machines ruin everything for me.

I'd actually rather they go back in time from Aang rather than the present day or future. I feel like the avatar's role in modern settings wouldn't have quite as much of an impact, they already explored how the world didn't need Korra that much anymore because of technology.

A modern day avatar would probably be pretty useless when we got medicine to replace waterbending healing, bombs/nukes that can defeat any bender etc. Plus it would end up being pretty cheesy like most superhero movies.

Avatar's biggest selling point was the historical universe IMO. 

• Like 1

I thought LoK showed us that the powers was not the main reason the world needed the Avatar. Personally, I think a futuristic or modern day Avatar would be really interesting as she/he would have to face issues of rising irrelevancy in a world that is more technologically and socio-politically advanced than never before.

I'd love to see the rise of mass media in the Avatar Verse and how it affects the cultural workings of the world and different nations. I don't think the historical setting was the USP of ATLA, but the rich cultural setting. That can easily be retained for a modern day universe.   

It's not that I don't like ToK but they evolved to soon, if they had said 10 avatars later.. yeah than I could have worked, that would mean like 700-800 years between it. But now everything is so rushed in technoligy. I loved the old one more.

• Like 1

It's not that I don't like ToK but they evolved to soon, if they had said 10 avatars later.. yeah than I could have worked, that would mean like 700-800 years between it. But now everything is so rushed in technoligy. I loved the old one more.

To be fair, the technological and societal advancement made IRL during the 80 year period between say 1882 and 1962 is pretty freakish too! And there was precedence in ATLA for a technologically enlightened world. I'm sure the dad/son duo from the Northern Air Temple (forget their names) were pioneers in the technological revolution. The end of the 100-Year battle facilitated progressive and creative thinking on a global level.

• Like 2

Yea I mean like they already had these:

mzfyN4D.png

In the fire nation when Aang faced them 70 years ago.

Lol this was the episode where I fell in love with the reserved awesomeness that is Mai "I don't care what batshit crazy stuff Azula does to me but I ain't jumping into that gross drain!"  :wub:  :wub:

Yea I mean like they already had these:

NthY7JC.png

mzfyN4D.png

In the fire nation when Aang faced them 70 years ago.

These were awesome, because they weren't realy strong and it weren't robots (I don't like fighting robots, they aren't as cool as human and they aren't realy an object like a tank..) But yeah I get your point, but I had more a feeling that these were amazing when you saw them, in LoK it was more like: meh...

• Like 1

ATLA is mid-1800s. The world is on a cusp of an industrial revolution, which has already started and is affecting some areas.

LOK is early 1900s. The industrial revolution has happened and spread everywhere, and there have been decades of innovation.

The specific technology involved is colored by the fictional world, which has 1) superpowered people and 2) a pretty strong steampunk flavor, but the development cycle is sound.

If you want a real world comparison, look at the technology used in the American Civil War vs. World War 1. ATLA is arguably earlier than the former, and LOK is almost later than the latter, but still.

Edited by DamienRoc
  • Like 1

You have to remember too that like in the real 1900s and 1800s, there was a huge amount of disparity between main cities and villages in terms of technology and "modernity". In ATLA, the Fire Nation was like Imperial Japan/UK/US in the 1800s with all their advanced war machines and tech. When we visited the Earth Kindgom, villages like the one Zuko visited in Zuko Alone are more akin to rural Chinese farming villages.

We spent more time in these smaller villages in ATLA, whereas a lot of LOK took place in Republic City which is probably the zenith of civilization in the entire planet at that point.

• Like 1

um.gif

Let me be clear, I want them to make all of them again. I don't mean part to of shamalan fuck piece of shit, because that was beyond awfull. But I think with a good directer, good writning and decent length of the movie this could be great, even epic.

• Like 1

Let me be clear, I want them to make all of them again. I don't mean part to of shamalan fuck piece of shit, because that was beyond awfull. But I think with a good directer, good writning and decent length of the movie this could be great, even epic.

Yup. ATLA should be 6 movies with each book divided into two parts. The only way to do the series justice IMO. If Korra proved anything, it's that this universe and its residents shine greater when more time is devoted to fleshing them out.

• Like 1

I don't know about now, but back when the first movie was filming I was absolutely of the opinion that the voice actors (at least the main three) were perfect for playing themselves in live action.

The Fire Nation is the only nation I'm not averse to being whitewashed. Mae Whitman would be a better Mai than Katara. Hailee Steinfeld could have been a terrific Azula.

Dev Patel suits Sokka better than Zuko. And Quvenzhane Wallis would make for an interesting Toph. Newbie actors of color for Aang and Katara.