Travod

Legend of Korra

A coincidence, I'm sure... <_<Yeah, I loved the original show and thought the animation for this looked striking, so I wanted to see it. The first episode wasn't very promising, but it developed nicely with the Equalist thing. However, I disliked the last two episodes. The Skeletons one was the type of episode I generally like, with information about the past is being revealed, but it was done in such an unoriginal and extremely expository way that I pretty much hated it. And then the finale itself was pretty ant-climactic, compared to some of the big set pieces we've seen before. Though, the apparent murder-suicide was a nice surprise. Wasn't expecting that bit.

Posted Image

That is all.

This shot of all the avatars was awesome

Posted Image

No Avatar only aired in SD. There's no 720p version of the show yet.

Might it be your cable provider or package? Comcast here in the DC area had it in HD and look at the Nick logos in the picture above, they both say HD! I'm positive I watched every episode in 1080i.

Might it be your cable provider or package? Comcast here in the DC area had it in HD and look at the Nick logos in the picture above, they both say HD! I'm positive I watched every episode in 1080i.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the original show - I'm 99% certain it was only ever in SD.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the original show - I'm 99% certain it was only ever in SD.

Yeah, I'm talking about Avatar: The Last Airbender, not The Legend of Korra. I know TLK has HD, I watch them in HD. It's just the visual quality of TLK makes me wish TLA was in HD so we could see places like Ba Sing Se in glorious detail.

Anyone else feel the last 2-3 episodes were rushed. The season could have benefited from another 4-6 episodes imo. I know Konietzko and DiMartino said from the start that there would be no filler episodes, but to me, some of the best episodes of the original series were fillers like Tales of Ba Sing Se. A few filler episodes for Mako, Bolin and Tenzin would have been great in expanding their characters, especially Bolin who disappears in the last half of the season whereas he played the role of Sokka to perfection in the first half.

• Like 1

No, what we had before was 26 episodes in total, 12 for season 1 and another 14 for season 2 (actually it was just 12 for season 1 at first). Now we get another 26 episodes on top of what we had already. The next 14 episodes will be a part of Season 1 Book 2, while the last 26 episodes will be split into Season 2 Book 3 and Season 2 Book 4. That's what's so awesome about the announcement :D