herrmike

Who will be the first major superhero to bite it on the big screen?

I feel like just out of definition superheroes shouldn't die in their respective movies. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of a superhero movie. People see them because it's all about good always defeating evil and coming out on top. Only time I could see this happening is if it was an unimportant minor character no one cared about or if they'd killed Batman off in TDKR cause that franchise was kind of different from the superhero norm

I'm referring to Batman/Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark/Iron Man can play older in my opinion.  Michael Keaton/George Clooney/Val Kilmer were 36-38 when they played Batman.  Ben Affleck will be about 43.  I think mid-30s is about right.

Edited by Ltrain-inda-Heezy

I'm referring to Batman/Bruce Wayne, he can play older than Tony Stark/Iron Man in my opinion.  Michael Keaton/George Clooney/Val Kilmer were 36-38 when they played Batman.  Ben Affleck will be about 43.  I think mid-30s is about right.

I know you were referring to Batman.

• Like 1

If we're talking about second-tier and third-tier characters as well, I agree that Black Widow or Hawkeye are strong candidates to be killed off in an Avengers sequel. Very likely by

Thanos

Shoot heaven forbid Shawn!!!! :'( . . I hope not,  rem BW is involved in the seemingly killing of Cap in Civil War. So if they plan to do something like this in the films(Wow a Cap  Team vs Tony Team as a  bigbudget SH Mash up would be glorius!), I think BW survives as does Hawkeye. Though you never know.

I just hope if a character dies, it turns out they can be saved somehow Shawn.. I really like the cast. :)

I think they can have tension without killing an Avenger.(perhaps kidnap or hurta member of the team bad, thats not resolved till another movie)

Shoot heaven forbid Shawn!!!! :'( . . I hope not,  rem BW is involved in the seemingly killing of Cap in Civil War. So if they plan to do something like this in the films(Wow a Cap  Team vs Tony Team as a  bigbudget SH Mash up would be glorius!), I think BW survives as does Hawkeye. Though you never know.

I just hope if a character dies, it turns out they can be saved somehow Shawn.. I really like the cast. :)

I think they can have tension without killing an Avenger.(perhaps kidnap or hurta member of the team bad, thats not resolved till another movie)

Movies don't follow the comics to a "T."

• Like 1

Of course killing off Batman would help solve the problem of continuity (Affleck isn't expected to star in Batman solo movies).

I read he was, and Justice League too.

No way would WB kill one of the only two characters they actually care about.

Iron Man is probably dying in the third Avengers film. I doubt Marvel could convince RDJ to stick around any longer. Chris Evans has already said he wants to retire from acting so I could see him getting replaced with Bucky in the team. 

• Like 1

Iron Man is probably dying in the third Avengers film. I doubt Marvel could convince RDJ to stick around any longer. Chris Evans has already said he wants to retire from acting so I could see him getting replaced with Bucky in the team. 

My money is on Captain America in Avengers 3, with Sam Wilson or Bucky raking up the mantle.

Yeah these are my top two choices.  Either Iron Man or Captain America

Agree with all, if anyone dies it will be Tony and/or Steve. Most likely Steve, if Evans really wants out of acting.Actually, this could be a blessing in disguise for Marvel, since we could then get Rhodey as Iron Man and possibly Sam Wilson as Cap - even though I don't have an issue with the MCU being "too white," there are people who do, and the MCU's two biggest heroes being black would be excellent PR. (Though it's more likely we get Rhodey as IM and Bucky as Cap, with Sam remaining as Falcon...)If Hemsworth leaves, and they decide to follow the direction of the comics Thor, we could get the Big Three being either one or two black men and a woman. Again, that would improve their image - and it doesn't hurt that I would personally be intrigued by the prospect of Don Cheadle and/or Anthony Mackie headlining an MCU film.

Edited by TServo2049