Lumos

Which potter film would you like to see remade?

No way should HBP/OoTP have been split into two, ESPECIALLY GoF!

Yeah, there really isn't a good split point, like DH had. Plus, the first halves of these films wouldn't stand very well on their own, like DH1 did. I'd rather see one extended movie - but they'd have to be quite long to do it right (which is fine with me). Over 3 hours each, I think.

I'd love to see GoF rebooted, actually. That film sorely missed the subtleties of the book far too often.

Exactly my thoughts. They failed to match the maturity reached by the books in that moment. They transformed a fanatic like Crouch Jr. into the type of villain you could find in a Disney sequel.They missed all the political thoughts, the Crouch family drama and they barely go through the manipulations of the gossip media.I think it's definitely the book that has lost the most in the adaptation process. The Order of the Phoenix had way more scenes cut, but they weren't too relevant for the story apart of the final conversation with Dumbledore. I also would have liked more of Tom Ryddle's memories on The Half-Blodd Prince, but I understand this is an industry and they need to focus the attention around the three main actors.

None of them. Without a radical reimagining of the source material (a la what Alfonso Cuaron did with Prisoner of Azkaban), I don't think there wouldn't be a significant jump in quality for any of the films. The catch-22 is that any radical reimagining that doesn't include "purportedly essential minor scene X," "unnecessary subplot that some fans like anyway Y," or "character interaction played out precisely as I and I alone interpreted it in the book Z" is bound to piss off parts of the fan base.

Personally, I don't have any problem with Order of the Phoenix as is. As quick a read as it was for being 870 pages long, there was a lot of filler, and I don't recall there being anything of overwhelming significance that the filmmakers omitted or mishandled. And while it's ironic that the longest book became the shortest stand-alone movie in the series, I think its swift pacing and short running time (relatively speaking, of course; 139 minutes is still quite long by traditional standards) are assets rather than detriments.

i would remake all the films made by david yates. he singlehandedly destroyed the magic.

The only Yates movie that I didn't like was Order of The Phoenix, which, after a few rewatches, became more and more amazing. I would never replace Deathly Hallows 1 and Half Blood Prince... Those two are the best movies. Deathly Hallows 2 is also a great movie, but they should've done it better.

None.

If they were to be remade they would have to start with the first anyway. Which the first 2 are my least favorites and I will admit they are not that good when compared to the rest. (The visuals are laughable at some point) though I do really enjoy the chess scene in the first.

For terms of the book-the 6th one.

But yeah they are great the way they are. (Not sure what my favorite is. I just watched the 4th again and really have to enjoy how it matured a lot since the first 2)

the first two set up the world of Harry wonderfully, and the casting was perfect, as well as the music. Azkaban was my favourite, But Yates seemed to mistake physical darkness for a 'darker' storyline, by the time i saw DH 2 the film was so gloomy I could hardly make out what was going on, specially in 3D. Yates seemed to think that making Harry seem like an ordinary urban kid, would make it appealing, but I think he totally lost the magical atmosphere of the books as a result. in my opinion anyway.

The first two are very good... The only thing they could work on them would be the special effects... 

I think that people think they are the worse because they are the first in the franchise and probably they have seen them a lot, and they slowly became boring... That doesn't mean that they need to be re-made, not at all..

Just think of the first time you watched Philosopher's Stone and The Chamber of Secrets, and then say again that they need to be re-made... That feeling when you enter the magic world of Harry Potter... It's simply... magic, I guess? 

The first two don't need to be re-made... Deathly Hallows Part 1 was very good and It's my personal favorite, followed by Prisoner of Azkaban and Half Blood Prince.

Goblet of Fire is a trainwreck from start to finish and I wish they had gone with their idea of splitting it into two films.

And fired Mike Newell.

Edited by Jawa of the Dreadfort
  • Like 1