CJohn

Smurfs: The Lost Village | April 7, 2017 | Demi Lovato, Rainn Wilson and Mandy Patinkin | Julia Roberts joins as a female smurf named Smurfwillow

I don't Direct to DVD-movies does very much to earn a buttload of money for the studios, particularly Sony. :(

Plus, they mostly don't have that much relevance anymore. That's why I usually prefer if they get released in theaters rather than Direct to DVD. :P

Cause, seriously? What's the point of putting few films to Direct to DVD? They usually make a fraction for a studio than what movies released in cinemas do.

4 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I don't Direct to DVD-movies does very much to earn a buttload of money for the studios, particularly Sony. :(

Plus, they mostly don't have that much relevance anymore. That's why I usually prefer if they get released in theaters rather than Direct to DVD. :P

Cause, seriously? What's the point of putting few films to Direct to DVD? They usually make a fraction for a studio than what movies released in cinemas do.

Direct to DVD/home entertainment releases aren't huge budget fares and usually a studio only has a certain number of releases a year plus by releasing it by home entertainment, they're not paying as much for P&A plus they'll keep more of the revenue. 

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/804289-julia-roberts-joins-smurfs-the-lost-village#/slide/1

Julia Roberts joins Smurfs: The Lost Village

Sony Pictures Animation (via People) has revealed that Oscar winner Julia Roberts (Eat Pray Love, Valentine’s Day) has joined to voice cast of Smurfs: The Lost Village as a new female Smurf character named SmurfWillow. Check out a first look at the character in the gallery below!

“Smurfs are such a fun part of our animated culture,” Roberts said. “They were popular when I was a child and they were popular when my kids were little. It’s fun to be part of such a sweet group that continues to entertain young people."

smurfs-movie.jpg