CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

A female friend of mine and die hard Johnny Depp fan who had the day off texted me as I was getting off work a few hours ago.She saw a matinee of DS and said it was horrible. The campiness level was through the roof and 95% of the best moments were in the trailers. If it were $5 she might consider buying it, but only then.She then said she was catching the 6:45 Avengers, was already in the theater. I told her in 3hrs she'd forget she ever saw DS.Dark Shadows=toxic WOM is comingYou heard it hear first.

A female friend of mine and die hard Johnny Depp fan who had the day off texted me as I was getting off work a few hours ago.She saw a matinee of DS and said it was horrible. The campiness level was through the roof and 95% of the best moments were in the trailers. If it were $5 she might consider buying it, but only then.She then said she was catching the 6:45 Avengers, was already in the theater. I told her in 3hrs she'd forget she ever saw DS.Dark Shadows=toxic WOM is comingYou heard it hear first.

Apparently ShawnMR texted baumer earlier today and thought it was horrible as well. If the low 30m range for its OW is true, then 100m looks pretty unlikely.

42% 5.4 average on RT. I believe it.

I'm looking at a sharp Saturday drop for DS.Just wait till the comments start hitting Twitter, Facebook, Pintrest and MySpace(?).

MySpace!What is this, 2005? :P
  • Like 1

Dark Shadows=toxic WOM is coming

You heard it hear first.

hmm

2007, a Marvel superhero movie went through this in a Depp-friendly month of may.

2012, a Depp movie is going through this in a Marvel Superhero-friendly month of may.

Depp and Burton were bound to have a misfire eventually. The marketing for DS didn't help either. It was practcally non-existent IMO.

It was certainly "existent"; I saw the endless TV spots and huge billboards everyday. It just didn't click. Tonally, it's a very odd movie and that's tough to market. I'd bet much of the general public just didn't know what to make of it. When people aren't sure, they generally stay away.

It was certainly "existent"; I saw the endless TV spots and huge billboards everyday. It just didn't click. Tonally, it's a very odd movie and that's tough to market. I'd bet much of the general public just didn't know what to make of it. When people aren't sure, they generally stay away.

Huh. Maybe I just watching the wrong channels.