CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Iron Man 2 numbers are the ones to watch for sunday as TA has been mimicking IM2 numbers for past 3-4 days.IM2 -8,8%, + 138.5%, +49.7%TA -9%, 135%(est.), +53% (Est.)IM2 dropped 36.9% on Sunday.

Yes, but IM2 also dropped 32% on it's first Sunday, while TA dropped 18%. And Nikki's first report is 44.5m, it will probably go up, so a higher increase on Saturday for TA as well. Maybe TA is just a better weekend film than IM2.Either way, 100m should be toast, so I'm happy.
  • Like 1

I think the Sunday drop will be closer to Thor than Iron Man 2.The numbers are so huge I don't even feel shocked anymore. Battleship is gonna get smashed.

It really is. Can you imagine anyone who wants to go see a big summer popcorn action flick choosing BS over TA? I sure can't. The only hope for BS is if TA keeps having a ton of sellouts next weekend and BS gets a little overflow from that. Edited by MovieMan89

Yeah, this record could really stand the test of time. It will take a movie with a pretty huge OW and excellent WOM to have any chance at toppling this.

Not just WOM, The movie also cant have mega upfront business like a Twilight or a Harry Potter either. The Avengers is definitely going to have an interesting run

Anyone seen RTX lately? :lol:

Well since it never, ever should have opened this high and never, ever should have held this well, it's going to drop 70% next week. It's just math.
  • Like 1

Wow. This is insane. The backlash will only increase from here on out. I know, because I already feel so.

At first I was just nitpicking a certain pivotal scene for its illogical and cop out nature

but now this movie could be the #1 grossing of all time so it doesn't cut it.