CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

I cant believe people are still saying this will beat Avatar. It wont Avatars run is freakish in a way this just wont be. This is just a larger opening normal running film. It will still drop more and more each weekend, Avatar didnt. 600M is likely if it goes over 100M this weekend, but 700M? No way, it has too much competition in coming weeks. There is no reason to think this will be taking £20M at the weekends in July

"The brilliant part of THE AVENGERS is that it's like a comic book movie brought to life and every single damn person in the World, from the general audience to the critics and even haters are falling in love with"

Now you're just being retarded.

"Hate towards this movie has been pretty tame online and non-existent irl because you kind of throw your credibility away if you say that it's a bad movie."

Lol, right. I guarantee you there'll be more criticism as time goes on, just as it was with TDK, Avatar, Inception and really most of hyped movies. Because the thing about hype is that it tends to wear off. I remember how shortly after TDK came out the internet community was giving Nolan one big collective blowjob. Now it isn't hard to come across people saying that they're indifferent to it or straight up dislike it. Same situation will happen with Avengers, it's just a matter of time.

Of course I'm only speaking from past experience as I have no intention of actually watching it. Here goes your "every single damn person in the World" claim.

I don't waste my time with trolls. :lol:

My opinion of it hasnt changed that much. It is much much better than i expected, but it has weaknesses. Its a very good comic book movie, but its not a masterpiece. I don't have a great desire to see it again, but im glad i did see it.People are caught up in its 'awesomeness' right now, but it wont be considered a classic, i dont think.

My opinion of it hasnt changed that much. It is much much better than i expected, but it has weaknesses. Its a very good comic book movie, but its not a masterpiece. I don't have a great desire to see it again, but im glad i did see it.People are caught up in its 'awesomeness' right now, but it wont be considered a classic, i dont think.

Hater............................... :D jk, i agree 100% with you.

OK, well I am certainly glad that you aren't racist, but you can't really blame Donald Glover for what happened.Yes, from everything I heard, the "Donald for Spider-Man" campain inspired Bendis create this new guy, but that was just something that was started by fans that he(Donald) jumped aboard. I thought he would have made a fantastic Peter Parker and he has some charisma to spare.

Yeah, I'm aware of this. Besides, as I've pointed out, he wanted the role of Peter Parker, not Spider-Man. And tha's my point, he should be trying for Peter's part, not a petty replacement. Peter is such an universal character that anyone slim, with a good shape and amazing acting skills could play him, it was never about the character's skin color.

Look folks: I really hate to be THAT ONE who says this, but the backlash over a Black Peter Parker would be incredible if SONY did something this stupid.. The character of Peter Parker was always meant to be caucasian, WHITE FOLKS, WHITE.. Do you see a White man replacing the character of SHAFT: A role meant for a black man???? Ok then.. Enough of the politically correct BS..

Disagree with this big time. Peter Parker could be asian, blonde, albino, black, eskimo or whatever, as lomg asyou tell a compelling Spider-Man story.

Guys, STOP all this f*****g BS...this thread is called ''Fri- TA: 29.1; DS: 9.7/ Saturday- Nikki: TA: 44.5M; DS: 10.8M'', it's not your fanboy warzone...

Edited by DoctorWho

No.. Here's a thought: What if a black man was cast as Bruce Wayne?? You telling me you'd be all for that cause if you do, your lying through your politically correct teeth and you know it..

I don't see why not, but I agree that Batman is somewhat different. Spider-Man in the other hand, is the ultimate universal character. Peter Parker could be any of us, regardless the race. Now if you take away this from him like Marvel did, than you're right. Marvel thinking they would needa black Soider-Man to make black people identify with him is laughable not because who is wearing the costume is black, it's because it isn't Peter Parker. By denying the possibility of a different interpretation of the mythos, they made the mythos less special in my opinion. And this serves to all Spider-Replacements.

Guys, STOP all this f*****g BS...this thread is called ''Fri- TA: 29.1; DS: 9.7/ Saturday- Nikki: TA: 44.5M; DS: 10.8M'', it's not your fanboy warzone...

I apologize and I'm going to sleep. Night, folks. Edited by iJackSparrow