cheesypoofs

What are the chances that Marvel/Disney could buy the film rights of Spider-Man from Sony?

Well, I've noticed that I'm not the only fan that would love to see Spidey in The Avengers 2 or make cameos in other Marvel films. If this happened, they could probably keep the actors from the current Spider-Man series and let Sony keep their name attached to the marketing and films I would think. Paramount's name was still on Avengers marketing and their logo appeared in the beginning of the film along with Marvel's.

I know it would cost a lot, but are there any chances that this is possible? It would please a lot of fans. And I'm confident they could put him to so much good use.

If ASM flops and Marvel pays 1.5 Billion I could see it happening.

Would have to flop hard. 2 SM movies and they could make 1.5B+ maybe not profit for the studio, but with merchandising, etc. Maybe 1.5B and some incentives like keeping the name Sony on all movies with SM and a 5% WW gross fee.

Would have to flop hard. 2 SM movies and they could make 1.5B+ maybe not profit for the studio, but with merchandising, etc. Maybe 1.5B and some incentives like keeping the name Sony on all movies with SM and a 5% WW gross fee.

Disney now get merchandising sales from spider man?

I think they'd get X-Men from Fox before they'd get Spider-Man from Sony

I agree. Although X-Men are popular, SM blows them out of the water. FOX has its golden goose with its AVATAR franchise anyways and James Cameron, so I doubt they'd be missing it out on much.SONY on the other hand, has only one golden goose and that is their Spider-man property so I would imagine that it would be much harder for them to give it up than FOX giving up X-Men.

Sony makes money off the movie and thats it. Disney gets everything else.

If Disney were to pay 1.5-2B it would be like if Sony's profit from Spider Man from 3 films. Plus I know this does get bring up a lot but Superhero bubble will pop soon.

Sony also has Bond.

Thing is Bond is just an "average" blockbuster. $200M at the most (DOM). I'm sure SONY wants a franchise that can truly deliver HUGE numbers much like Spider-Man 1,2, & 3 did back in the 2000s.

Thing is Bond is just an "average" blockbuster. $200M at the most (DOM). I'm sure SONY wants a franchise that can truly deliver HUGE numbers much like Spider-Man 1,2, & 3 did back in the 2000s.

Well, the new Spidey isn't guaranteed to be huge like the old films.

^If it doesn't do the bare minimum, then SONY would probably give it away for a hefty price, and hopefully MARVEL takes it.

Agreed. I've never been so divided on a film before. I want to like it being Spidey is my favorite superhero, but I also want it to do bad so that it's more likely that Marvel buys him.

Marvel does not have to get the rights back to use Spider-Man in an Avengers movie. Disney could make a deal like they did on Who Framed Roger Rabbit, where they were allowed to use WB and other studio's cartoons under certain conditions. If ASM underperforms, it's even more likely Sony would make a deal like this to increase Spidey's profile before they can make a sequel.