cheesypoofs

What are the chances that Marvel/Disney could buy the film rights of Spider-Man from Sony?

Does anybody know how much Marvel gets from the SM earnings under the present contract with Sony? Guess?

From the films? I'm presuming 0.

They sold the rights for a one time payment? No wonder they got swallowed whole by Disney.

Not true. Sony's deal with Marvel is the best they have besides their own films. They'll get a shitload of money if TASM does well. Of course nothing like The Avengers, but a profit like Captain America or Thor films is completely possible. It's been stated over and over again that the deal that Marvel has with Sony over Spider-Man is leagues and bounds better than the one they have for X-Men. This one yes, they don't get almost nothing.

I'm thinking Disney buying X-men from Fox is the smartest move.Right now the X-men aren't that profitable at Fox. They would probably be happy to take a 700 million dollar check from Disney for the rights. Disney and Marvel Studios could do a reboot with a similar scope as the Avengers and make it a much bigger franchise.I can see an X-men movie with dozens of sentinels attacking a city making 700-900 m WW if executed properly. Which would mean Disney would see a return on their investment before their second X-men movie hit the dvd market. After that they would be able to make countless X-men or mutant related stories. Well worth the 700 m price tag IMO.In fact they should add Fantastic Four and Daredevil to the package for a flat fee of 1.1 billion. Then the Marvel Universe will almost be completely at Disney.You can forget Spidey though. He's Sony's biggest money maker by far. Disney would have pay out the ass to get him back.

• Like 1

I'm thinking Disney buying X-men from Fox is the smartest move.Right now the X-men aren't that profitable at Fox. They would probably be happy to take a 700 million dollar check from Disney for the rights. Disney and Marvel Studios could do a reboot with a similar scope as the Avengers and make it a much bigger franchise.I can see an X-men movie with dozens of sentinels attacking a city making 700-900 m WW if executed properly. Which would mean Disney would see a return on their investment before their second X-men movie hit the dvd market. After that they would be able to make countless X-men or mutant related stories.Well worth the 700 m price tag IMO.In fact they should add Fantastic Four and Daredevil to the package for a flat fee of 1.1 billion. Then the Marvel Universe will almost be completely at Disney.You can forget Spidey though. He's Sony's biggest money maker by far. Disney would have pay out the ass to get him back.

I think the rights,for Daredevil did revert back to Marvel, I have a Hard Time Seeing Fox gving up their x-men films, First Class was one of the best reviewed in the franchise, and they have 2 in the workings right now.

I think the rights,for Daredevil did revert back to Marvel, I have a Hard Time Seeing Fox gving up their x-men films, First Class was one of the best reviewed in the franchise, and they have 2 in the workings right now.

Daredevil rights did get reverted on Oct 10. It's probably been posted already but here's an article about it.http://www.examiner.com/article/marvel-movies-daredevil-rights-revert-back-to-marvel-and-disney

also I think it would be more likely for Marvel and Sony to come to some kind of agreement to have Spider-man appear in the Avengers sequels. then to have Marvel get fill rights back any time soon.

• Like 2

Well now that they've just bought Star Wars their spending cash is essentially gone. Going to have to wait a few years for this type of buyout talk to resume.2006=Buys Pixar2009=Buys Marvel2012=Buys LucasFilm2015=???So if buying back Spider-man is even an issue it looks like their available cash flow for a large purchase would be 2015 at the earliest.

Well now that they've just bought Star Wars their spending cash is essentially gone. Going to have to wait a few years for this type of buyout talk to resume.2006=Buys Pixar2009=Buys Marvel2012=Buys LucasFilm2015=???So if buying back Spider-man is even an issue it looks like their available cash flow for a large purchase would be 2015 at the earliest.

2015 - Dreamworks (what remains).

I'm thinking Disney buying X-men from Fox is the smartest move.Right now the X-men aren't that profitable at Fox. They would probably be happy to take a 700 million dollar check from Disney for the rights. Disney and Marvel Studios could do a reboot with a similar scope as the Avengers and make it a much bigger franchise.I can see an X-men movie with dozens of sentinels attacking a city making 700-900 m WW if executed properly. Which would mean Disney would see a return on their investment before their second X-men movie hit the dvd market. After that they would be able to make countless X-men or mutant related stories.Well worth the 700 m price tag IMO.In fact they should add Fantastic Four and Daredevil to the package for a flat fee of 1.1 billion. Then the Marvel Universe will almost be completely at Disney.You can forget Spidey though. He's Sony's biggest money maker by far. Disney would have pay out the ass to get him back.

yes indeed and paying billions for Spidey which is now a character the mouse owns is not a logical move for Disney.

The Sony deal has to expire sometime though and Disney will proably not allow Sony to renew..lol

also I think it would be more likely for Marvel and Sony to come to some kind of agreement to have Spider-man appear in the Avengers sequels. then to have Marvel get fill rights back any time soon.

:shades:

• Like 1