CAYOM Advance Schedule (Year 3)

waiT didn't The Morrow made 600m or something ridiculous?Move Marco Polo to Wednesday, December 25thChristmas box office always expands like crazy to accomodate multiple films.

Alfred, which "era" of MTG are you using?I ask only because several MTG eras were used in the original CAYOM so in those cases you might have a steep hill to climb to meet expectations of those who played the original game.

I'm going to tackle the follow-up of The Brother's War, but it's not going to be Urza's story, the story will take place on Earth. What circles have been covered previously on BOM?

The Weatherlight Saga (from the Weatherlight introduction through the Phyrexian invasion of Dominaria)The Mirari Saga (Odyssey through Scourge)RavnicaLorwynKamigawaShards of AlaraThe one set you don't want to go near is the Mirari cycle and its aftermath, because that was by far the most acclaimed and successful of the MTG franchises in CAYOM 1.0 and the 4th and final film in that franchise won BP.

^Awesome

I originally tried to make it for Year 2, but adapt it to fit in today's world. The novel takes place in the early 1980s and has to do with a Soviet plot to assassinate Pope John Paul II but I tried to change it so it was present day and dealt with China and the Dalai Lama instead.However I ran into some big walls when it came to the details, especially since I planned to adapt some other Jack Ryan novels and those adaptations would have to take into account changes made for this one. In the end it was too much work and continuity maintenance and not enough time (since this is a game) so I'm sticking with the original setting.

So who is going to be in it?

Still working on the cast, but Chris Pine will be Jack Ryan. I chose him since he's supposed to play Jack Ryan in the planned real life reboot of the franchise that isn't based on any of the actual novels (but that reboot is currently postponed because of script issues).The novels I plan to adapt are:Red RabbitThe Cardinal of the KremlinThe Sum of All Fears (Yeah this one was already made into a film but that film was kinda blah and it really changed things too much with the characters and plot)Those three films kind of set up a nice trilogy with a consistent story and evolution of Jack Ryan. Edited by 4815162342