CAYOM Advance Schedule (Year 3)

Morrow 2 is in the Winter right?Well it will make more then the other Morrow 2 but wont open as big as it is a Winter release instead of a Summer release.

The Weatherlight Saga (from the Weatherlight introduction through the Phyrexian invasion of Dominaria)

The Mirari Saga (Odyssey through Scourge)

Ravnica

Lorwyn

Kamigawa

Shards of Alara

The one set you don't want to go near is the Mirari cycle and its aftermath, because that was by far the most acclaimed and successful of the MTG franchises in CAYOM 1.0 and the 4th and final film in that franchise won BP.

Lies and fallacies. Don't even try it. We all know which series topped the Critical Consensus twice and didn't need four films to win BP.

We also know which fantasy series had six films and failed to win a single time.

Posted Image

Edited by Hunch

Lies and fallacies. Don't even try it. We all know which series topped the Critical Consensus twice and didn't need four films to win BP.We also know which fantasy series had six films and failed to win a single time.

Ravnica Trilogy: Years 19, 21, 24 (win)Mirari Saga: Years 25, 28, 31, 34 (win)Magpie's film, The False Godess, won BP in a much more crowded year than yours, The Phyrexian Wars, did. And The False Goddess took the record for the most Oscar wins in CAYOM history (winning a lot more than The Phyrexian Wars did).And if you're bringing up Hartwick, then remember this: At no point did I ever attempt to push a Hartwick film for a BP award (seriously the original three films were short and written for pure entertainment, no aspirations there beyond techs). Hartwick 4, the first serious attempt at a quality Hartwick film, came out in Year 27, the year of Ragdoll and Recesses of the Mind, two of the 10 best CAYOM films of the 20s. Also, Hartwicks 5 and 6 came out during two of the best years in CAYOM history, Years 35 and 36. Remember those years? Succession, The White Tomb, Live and Let Burn, Dicey's Song, God Save the King, The Immortal, Paradiso? Neither TFG or TPW would have won BP in either of those years, those years were THAT stacked.And finally, 6 Hartwick films = 3 of the Top 5 Domestic Grosses of the entire game. Top 4 really, since Rhapsody in Blues was a freak occurrence done solely to give Year 1 a film that outgrossed Titantic (which in turn means that Hartwick 6 is the CAYOM box office champion).

I had a dream the other night that Karl Ubran was in my Dodge City film.Funny thing is-Deforrest Kelly was in Gunfight at the OK Corral as well as the famous episode of the original Trek where they are transported there.

You didn't have to write an essay :PStill though multiple Critical Consensus #1 >>>>. What other series did that? Krosa only became really big with Numena War, whereas Ravnica was winning 6 Oscars and getting Top 5 on the CC from film 1. And Krosa (not to mention Weatherlight, which I think outgrossed both anyway if you go by average) would have never been made had Ravnica not come out first and been so huge. Saying it's "by far" the most successful/acclaimed series in MTG is BS, even Magpie would not agree. We can measure acclaim in this game because of the Critical Consensus, and Ravnica was #2, Urza was #1 and Phyrexian Wars was #1. Krosa does not come close, the first two films were a bit of a non-event. But let's leave it at a draw if it makes you happy. ;)I also think maybe you shouldn't put MTG in the title considering there are tons of possible stories from all the other expansions that others might want to adapt.

Edited by Hunch

Don't feel pressure, all those films are gone now anyway....talking about this stuff just makes me even angrier that BOM deleted everything without warning...The MTG films in the old CAYOM weren't made with the overall MTG universe in mind...it was just the name of that self-contained universe. That's because one person shouldn't have control over all the MTG series since there are so many stories (it would be like saying "I want ALL Tolkien related material"). So the Ravnica film was just called Ravnica, the Weatherlight film was just Weatherlight, without anything before.