Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

I'm just curious about trends and theater saturation.

Yeah I'm curious too, but to be able to see daily trends we need to see the numbers on each day for all movies. It's hard to do that because there are no nationwide daily reports in Japan. That's why we can only estimate and compare numbers from theater chains, and only few of them report their numbers. And those reports are not easy to get.

Mon 1.9m +46%Tue. 2.2m +47%Wed. 4.0m +60% makes sense ladies day is up more. Key demo. WOM is on the rise.Last week corpes reported 5.3m for a mon-wed number. Hopefully he reports this week to confirm these numbers8.1m +53%14m is looking good for the week. TS3 WW goes down on FriHad to be a lot of sellouts today. I hope it gets a lot more seats. 10m weekend looking possible.

• Like 1

Wow 83k at Toho today. Will this Sat or Sun be bigger than this, admission-wise? Because that would be crazy. Even if Sat only matches today's admission number, the gross will be over $5m for one day, which means over $10m for 2 days!

It's possible that Disney gives us an update when it crosses 4B yen or 3M admissions.

If data reported here are true, we have for the first 10 days: Toho multiplier vs total admissions 5,015 - Average ticket price $12,223

So, data (estimates) now should be: total admissions 3.161.689 - total gross $38.642.123

Wow 83k at Toho today. Will this Sat or Sun be bigger than this, admission-wise? Because that would be crazy. Even if Sat only matches today's admission number, the gross will be over $5m for one day, which means over $10m for 2 days!

we need more seats.

Labas get us some more screens and seats please

as far as I know, the cut of screens mainly come from the subtitle version. after all, Japanese enjoy dubbed version much more than subtitle. Btw, some bigger screens are given back to frozen from other movies. If new movies flop this weekend, chances are that frozen can get more seats.

• Like 1

Holy guacamole! :blink: those numbers are insane.I was gonna say that Frozen is on fire in Japan but because of the title of the movie it would not make sense :lol:

you can say it's an ice storm,or an ice-powered rocket.:pDoesn't make sense though :P