Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Actually I am not that surprised to see Avatar disappoint here. Just look at how vibrant the Japanese film industry especially their anime, there isn't much room for Hollywood product anymore.  

Look at how Hobbit trilogy collapse from LOTR trilogy. F2 made just half of F1. 

And Japan is a country where inflation refuse to rise, no matter how bad the Yen, there isn't much inflation to offset the gap and now JPY is almost at all time worst.  

• Like 1

「アバター ウェイ・オブ・ウォーター」は初日興収1億8000万円で初登場興収1位スタート。
特殊上映で鑑賞する人が多く客単価は高いため、かろうじて興収では首位を記録するも動員数では「Dr.コトー診療所」に敗れる結果に。
前作同様ロングランヒットで数字を伸ばしてくのか、今後に期待がかかります。

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

Only Gintama could pull a stunt like that 🤣

In fairness, IIRC the KnY author is on record as saying Gintama is the reason they even published on WSJ to begin with, so it was probably all in good spirits. But god freaking damn I laughed like a maniac when this was announced.

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Should just pull a Gintama and release with a Kimetsu no Yaiba giveaway instead.

And yes, that was an actual thing the Gintama film pulled. Kimetsu no Yaiba illustrations on its opening weekend. :hahaha:

That's why gintama goat

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Should just pull a Gintama and release with a Kimetsu no Yaiba giveaway instead.

And yes, that was an actual thing the Gintama film pulled. Kimetsu no Yaiba illustrations on its opening weekend. :hahaha:

rad

I'm studying to be a translator so I interact with Japanese people on a daily basis. I'm not surprised this new Avatar is underperforming over there. I only know one person who wants to see it. It's not trending on my social media feeds, nobody on my timeline is even mentioning it. Japan has great legs but I'm not convinced this makes 50 million over there. My experience isn't the end all be all but they really don't seem to care. 

Edited by Vector Sigma

SATURDAY PRE-SALES (40% of Nation-wide)

#1 23,637 / 134,660 (634:shows) -: SLAM DUNK (179 locs)

#2 22,845 / 178,289 (748 shows) - AVATAR (180 locs)

#3 16,717 / 123,479 (601 shows) - SUZUME (178:locs)

#4 14,161 / *88684 (441 shows) - Dr. Coto's Clinic (172 love)

AVATAR isn't even No.1 in pre-sales while SLAM DUNK's 3rd SAT pre-sales are down by 37.9% from 2nd SAT. SUZUME's pre-sales are down by 23%

8 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

For Saturday and Sunday is Avatar 2 non-premium showtimes still selling awful compared to premium screens which are selling better across the board?

SAT Partial are slightly better ~2.5K ahead of FRI but yes with No.1 in admits

I see Sunday shows are cut down in some locs (yes the non-premium format won't hold for a long time)

• Like 1